The Lag Manifesto- useful info for all

Shadow

With the proliferation of new sign ups here at the pound, I can see where we have the potential for more lagging and warping in the game.

I've been doing some studying of this over the last few months since we started the SEOW campaign with the 352nd.

I have moved this to general discussion to allow all to see this - I think it is well written and worth reading , we are getting a lot of new players and some might not be familiar with the workings of the net and the need to keep everything tight or the effect this will have on other players. We are moving to a new seow and I would like everyone to take a little time to make sure their machines are optimised -

I believe we are not allowing skin downloads and everyone should set their machines to 56k in network tab to optimise client side - If Iv made a mistaake with this then please could the guys who know more about this correct this post.

I also think that people should consider playing in excellent instead of perfect if they use this.

to sum up I think we should all take some time to optimise our machines to allow us all to enjoy seow

If any others have any info that they think would help reduce lag then please post here

thanks for listning

To reduce the amount of radio chatter, would it be helpful to have us use more channels? 1 channel per flight? I know you won't hear everything, but I had whispers set up to each flight leader on Saturday, and it could save us some bandwidth.