A Good Day For AGP

Shadow

I don't know if this is old news, but I just found out that you can get an ATI X1950 Pro with 512MB GDDR3 memory for the AGP bus.

This could save some of us a bit of dosh as you won't need to upgrade a motherboard/ processor to have a relatively new high end card in your rig.

I bought the Sapphire version of this card about a month ago and am very pleased with it indeed. I upgraded from an X800pro to the X1950pro 512mb. It has made a great improvement for me and I'm sure others would see gains as well. For $229.00 US it is the least amount of money I've spent on a vid card to date. Well worth the money if you are waiting for BOB to release and mature a few months before dropping the cash on a full upgrade to pci express etc.

My set up is as follows:

K8N Neo2

FX57

2gig pc3200

Audigy2

2 WD120gb drives Raid0

I'm not sure wear you would draw the line on processor speed as far as good enough or not.

I intend to stick with the agp for awhile yet so it was a good deal for me. :glasses10: