commentry over track

delta7

thanks guys, I have movie maker so just need to get fraps.

I plan to do a short training film based on a track of one of our fights, painless and I are going to attempt to commentate on the fight from 2 different sides with 2 dissimilar planes ( a fw190 and spit.)

I need to plan it out -what exatly I want to do and the best way to present it and I dont want to make it too long so I dont bore the pants off everyone.

thanks guys, I have movie maker so just need to get fraps.

I plan to do a short training film based on a track of one of our fights, painless and I are going to attempt to commentate on the fight from 2 different sides with 2 dissimilar planes ( a fw190 and spit.)

I need to plan it out -what exatly I want to do and the best way to present it and I dont want to make it too long so I dont bore the pants off everyone.

that sounds cool, good for guys like me who cant fly a lot. im always intrigued whats going through peoples minds as they fly. i also think your rich scottish brogue will sound sexy

The plan is to get something down on the OODA loop and how your choices and decisions during a flight are what matter. It was sparked by this quote from someone on warclouds

"

...the success or failure of combat boils down to which pilot makes the fewer mistakes. Period. Always been that way and always will be. The flight or aircraft attributes play a much smaller factor than what people think. If you blame the aircraft for getting killed you aren't learning anything.

....the problem isn't in the aircraft. It's either the tactics, or the observe, orient, decide and act thought process of the downed pilot was slower than the one that scored the victory."

there might also be a wee bit on the particular types of aircraft - energy fighter vs turn fighter and how to try to use them to their strengths but I dont want to overload the audience or stray too far from trying to get folk to use the OODA loop more as a tool to help stay alive. hartmann he used the same method - calling it the coffee break.

"See - Decide - Attack - Coffee Break": observe the enemy, decide how to proceed with the attack, make the attack and then disengage to re-evaluate the situation.

Famously, Hartmann once described dog-fighting as "a waste of time".

Ill keep you all posted with progress but might take a while as its the first time Iv tried this and I need to work with painless to get his input as well so we get 2 sides to a situation.