Changing gamma

Blairgowrie

I changed my gamma settings to the point that everything looks faded on the desk top but when I click on FB, the screen goes darker again, the game loads and I don't see a big brightness difference in game.

I have been in and out of the game all morning and a couple of times, the game opened much brighter but now it has reverted back to a darker image. I think you are going to have to charge for house calls.

Thanks for the visit Doctor B16.

Changing the setting in the ATI Control Centre to 3D and then playing with the gamma and the brightness settings worked like a charm. I can even get the A20/Mossie mission to appear bright as day and I will at last be able to find ground targets for a change. Of course, I will continue to kill friendlies unless there is a setting for that too.

And to think I have had this disadvantage for the past few years; ever since FB first came out. I would enourage all who read this to think about an adjustment to your gamma if you are using Cat Control Centre.

Gamma.jpg

I used to use the ATI Catylst Control Center but had heard its a bit of a resource hog (can't confirm that) but do know that right clicking the desktop to get to it (or any other method for that matter) took next to forever to load up. Also, on my machine at least, some of the boxes were not fully displayed as though the window was too small. Of course it can't be resized.

So I was browsing around the 'Net looking for solutions and I found the ATI Tray Tool. It does everything the CCC does an much more. Furthermore, it has a very small footprint, can run in your system tray without eating very many CPS, opens immediately and allows you instant direct access to all video card parameters without having to browse through a Windows Explorer type interface and best of all.....it's FREE! Besides all that I found an extremely useful Tweak Guide for ATI cards here: TweakGuides.com which has a link to the: ATI Tray Tools download at guru3D. Personally I love this FREE utility.

There are also Tweak Guides for Nvidea Forceware and Mozilla Firefox. Just click the "System Guides" at the top of the page.

I hope someone finds this useful.