Argument For A Standard (56k alert!)

Shadow

I think it would be nice if we could put our collective heads together. Or, maybe a contest or a vote.

And come up with a standard recognition paint scheme for the Dogz.

At this time in the co-ops we use icons so anyone can wear whatever they want. That may not always be the case, however. If there comes a time where we are playing in a no icon server or participating in an on line war, it is imperative that we can recognize each other. Wiggling wings and flashing nav lights can get very confusing, very fast.

It sucks to be doing an amazing job of covering an AI when you thought it was a squad mate. It also sucks to shoot down a squaddie because in the heat of the moment what you though was a 109 turned out to be a Q-10. I've mis-identified plenty of planes before. You'd be surprised how alike most planes look from their six o'clock.

I've been flying weekends in on line wars with a few guys over the last few years and enjoy it immensely. (As long as I don't have to do the path finding) Many times I've been ready to pull the trigger and only held back because I recognized our distinctive markings at the last second. Between us we have every eastern front VVS plane painted in our colors and many others besides.

A few quick samples:

Weathered-Wannabee.gif

Worn-MiG2.jpg

Yak1b-D.jpg

I16-Group.jpg

Finished-under.jpg

LA5.jpg

I know some of you have shown interest in trying out "full switch". And for everyone else, trust me when I tell you that once your used to it, going back to an icon on server will feel like shooting fish in a barrel.

So, three things.

1) Are there enough Dogz interested trying a few nights a month maybe in full switch mode?

Or getting together on some nights for a little on line war action?

2) Is anyone interested in having a distictive Dogs scheme that we can all agree on?

If yes, then:

3) do we have enough skinners in here to get it done this century?

Looking forward to your responses

:salute: