any1 have an idea why my comp's card reader suddenly DIED?

Enforcer57

Ok, it's a fairly new computer. The card reader appears to stil be connected, as teh USB port on the same card works fine. But fo rsome reason, it won't read any of my SD cards anymore, at all. This came about yesterday while I was doing some work for somebody and having to transfer some pix back and forth with my laptop.

This is strange, as it worked fine for most of the day (I use it almost everyday), but I left for a few hrs adn when I came back, it ignored any card I put in it. Yeah, I rebooted several times, but nadda.

The only thing i did in hte meantime was install the drivers for my Cannon flatbed scanner that I had on my old computer. I had to dnload them as I can't find the CD. After mucking around a bit, the scanner works fine.

I'm wondering if my mucking around may have changed a setting, though I didn't as far as I know. I probably shoulda put this in the help section, but I'm kinda pressed here. I can do stuff on my laptop, but it's not hooked to my scanner, printer, etc.

Maybe it's just the microsoft curse I have.