NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×

How very true?!

BBloke

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE

1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had baseball caps not helmets on our heads.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

:iwg:

Yep, spent a lot of time in the bed of a 1960 Ford F-100. In fact I still drove that old truck when I was in high school during the 80's. Straight 6 motor, huge steering wheel for leverage because you were the power steering, no seat belts & the only part of the interior that wasn't steel was the bench seat. Gosh bless me Friar I still miss that old beast.

We also swam in icky streams & ponds.

Sometimes we would put fire-crackers in old apples & tomatoes then throw them at each other like grenades too.

We even played on swings & monkey-bars with nothing but dirt, gravel, or pavement under them.

According to the PC Nannies of today we should all be crippled, maimed, or dead. :rolleyes:

:soapbox:

I lived on a horse farm as a kid.We would jump on a horses back without a saddle or a bridle and just hang on for dear life as the horse speed across the pasture. We swam in ponds had walnut fights and jumped out of the barn a lot. I wrecked my bike jumping dirt ramps and always did it again.WE HAD FUN. We didn't need TV's (only 3 channels anyway), telephones, video games or mp3 players. We had friends and a great imagination that it. You could take off all day and as long as you were back before dark all was OK. Didn't have to worry about anything, life was great!!!