computer woes....

Fireman

OK........I had to install .net framework in order to install my X52 software........

Now whenever I turn off/restart my computer it goes to the login screen and I have to choose which user to login with.....

(I managed to turn this feature off in the user accounts area by unchecking the box "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.")

Now when I turn off/restart the computer it just goes straight to the desktop....exactly what I wanted/had before......

.....except it is going to the "administrator" desktop, with its own icons and taskbar items....if I want my desktop and icons, etc, I have to logout of "adminstrator" and login under "andrew" (which is an adminstrator account, as well)

How do I set it up so that it goes straight from a re-boot/cold start into "andrew" so I have all my destop/icon/taskbar items without having to switch users?

I never really created any acoounts........just installed XP pro.

I assume the "administrator" is a default

I also assume "andrew" was simply created when I gave my pc a name (this account was given admin rights by default, I assume.

I never use a password....(for any of those accounts)

I Always just turned the pc on and went straight to my desktop (which I'm now discovering was "andrew's" desktop........the admin desktop, complete with its own icons has that goofy windows field of dreams background....has never been seen by my eyes before.

And now after installing .net framework I've got this logon issue to deal with.......

I now have several users to choose from:

Administrator(admin)

Andrew(admin)

ASP.net(resrticted user)

Guest(user)

I wonder (since andrew is an adminstrator) can I just delete the administrator account?

Thanks BBloke......

I think what I'll probably end up doing is taking some of your advice, believe or not, and password protect both the default "administrator" account as well as my "andrew" account.

I will then just put up with the "extra" 2 seconds of time it will take upon re-boots/restarts to actually click on my "andrew" account to get to my desktop.....lol.....but thanks for all the input/advice.

(being the idiot that I am I really dont want to mess with the registry....even if I think I know what to do....)