Knight Rider comes to my place

Dubbo

So today, at my apartment building, they were filming a comedy starring Jamie Kennedy, called - "Kickin' It, Old School". In part of it the Kennedy character rings a doorbell (our place oddly enough) and as he gets the date with the girl, David Hasselhoff drives into our driveway in KITT, (the Knight Rider car) and gives him the keys to the car.

(Don't ask me..I didn't write it)

So as I type this, they are filming Hasselhoff just across from my patio. Below is a picture. (I sent my nephew....I didn't want to appear too much like a tourist, particularly on my own street). So that's the coolest thing that happened to me today. Just thought I'd share..........

KITT.jpg

So that's the coolest thing that happened to me today.

Meh, I carpool with David Hasselhoff and 2 Germans. I ride in KITT every day. :lol:

Seriously though, that is pretty cool. I've always thought that it was silly when people would get worked up about seeing a celebrity, until I saw one out in public, and for some unknown reason, it excited me (no not in that way).

OffTopic: If you had to ride with K.I.T.T. everyday, I bet it would be pretty annoying. You'd be doing your regular driving thing, and the car would be bitching about "Why didn't you wash me this weekend", or "It's time for my oil change". You couldn't tell him to STFU, or threaten him with pulling out the drainplug or something because he could do something crazy like lock the doors and ram into a tree, sending you through the windshield.

And I bet if your dating a girl, and take her out, K.I.T.T. would get jealous and depressed cause he's a robot, and everyone knows robots don't get no lovin'. So when you're leaning over the console to give your girl a kiss goodnight, K.I.T.T. will give you a gear shifter to the balls, and mumble some shit about "feeling his pain". Then he'll call your woman a bitch, and she'll dump you.

Ok....so maybe I'm the only one who thinks of these things... :dontknow:

I think K.I.T.T. was gay(not that there's anything wrong with that). The voice was too...um...delicate.

Actually the car that's here now is pretty cool. It has the light on the front and it makes that sound (kinda like a quiet Zylon sp?). Also the dash is rigged up with the lights and such and the Ju88 steering wheel. :D

I think K.I.T.T. was gay(not that there's anything wrong with that). The voice was too...um...delicate.

Actually the car that's here now is pretty cool. It has the light on the front and it makes that sound (kinda like a quiet Zylon sp?). Also the dash is rigged up with the lights and such and the Ju88 steering wheel. :D

Yeah, maybe K.I.T.T. was like Steven King's car in Christine. I mean, let's face it, David Hasselhoff is a sexy dude. I bet K.I.T.T. had a hard time pretending to be hetero when working with The Hoff. I think K.I.T.T. was programmed to be hetero, but David turned him gay. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened.

I think that little light K.I.T.T. has on his hood is pretty badass too. It does look just like a Cylon with the sound and everything.

I used to love Battlestar Galactica. I wonder why in every episode, despite the vastness of space, Galactica was always running into Cylon scout ships or battle cruisers. What are the odds of that? You'd think that by that time in the future they'd have some kind of stealth technology better navigation or something.

Then again the computer consoles on the original looked like a combination of a Speak and Spell and Lite-Brite. Plus their targeting computers had those vector graphics a la Atari's Battlezone. Damn, now that I think about it, I don't know how people with that kind of technology could have gotten into space in the first place. Damn, that show was so fake! :lol:

So that's the coolest thing that happened to me today.

Meh, I carpool with David Hasselhoff and 2 Germans. I ride in KITT every day. :lol:

Seriously though, that is pretty cool. I've always thought that it was silly when people would get worked up about seeing a celebrity, until I saw one out in public, and for some unknown reason, it excited me (no not in that way).

OffTopic: If you had to ride with K.I.T.T. everyday, I bet it would be pretty annoying. You'd be doing your regular driving thing, and the car would be bitching about "Why didn't you wash me this weekend", or "It's time for my oil change". You couldn't tell him to STFU, or threaten him with pulling out the drainplug or something because he could do something crazy like lock the doors and ram into a tree, sending you through the windshield.

And I bet if your dating a girl, and take her out, K.I.T.T. would get jealous and depressed cause he's a robot, and everyone knows robots don't get no lovin'. So when you're leaning over the console to give your girl a kiss goodnight, K.I.T.T. will give you a gear shifter to the balls, and mumble some shit about "feeling his pain". Then he'll call your woman a bitch, and she'll dump you.

Ok....so maybe I'm the only one who thinks of these things... :dontknow:

Heh heh..... :D Actually I don't think you'd be getting any dates in a mid 80s black Trans Am anyway. Not ones that you'd want to talk about. (I had a black 85 Trans Am when I first moved to Canada so I know....I mean, I got dates, but then I'm extremely cool. :wink: )

Oh and I didn't get "worked up about a seeing a celebrity" and am offended by the insinuation. :wink:

The bad thing about the original Battlestar Galactica was that it was the same plot every week.

Apollo: I see something on the scanner

Starbuck: What is it?

Apollo: It looks like some ships

Starbuck: What kind?

Apollo: Can't tell yet, not in range

Starbuck: Keep an eye on them!

Apollo: There just about in range. OMYGOD those ships are cylon ships!

Starbuck: Feldergarb!!! Who would have thought they could be cylons?!?!? (well the audience figured it out 20 minutes ago you dumb###!)

Stay tuned for next week's episode - "OMYGOD, those enmy ships are _____!"

The bad thing about the original Battlestar Galactica was that it was the same plot every week.

Apollo: I see something on the scanner

Starbuck: What is it?

Apollo: It looks like some ships

Starbuck: What kind?

Apollo: Can't tell yet, not in range

Starbuck: Keep an eye on them!

Apollo: There just about in range. OMYGOD those ships are cylon ships!

Starbuck: Feldergarb!!! Who would have thought they could be cylons?!?!? (well the audience figured it out 20 minutes ago you dumb###!)

Stay tuned for next week's episode - "OMYGOD, those enmy ships are _____!"

LOL! Yeah, I'm also glad that everyone in the future speaks English. Can you imagine if you thew another language into the confusion?

Juan: Attencion hombres! Hai muchos Cylons en vicino de las posision nuestros!

Apollo: What the feck is Juan talking about now?

Starbuck: Dunno, probably some crap about burritos or sombreros or something.

30 Seconds Later...

Apollo and Starbuck: (in unison) Shit! Cylons!

Juan: Gaaahhh! Gringos estupidos!

The best episode was the one where they met the Battlestar Pegasus and the commander played by Lloyd Bridges. It was a 2-parter

Oh and that other one where Starbuck (I think) ended up marooned on an unihabited planet with a Cylon...for ever. (It was his farewell episode) I think then Starbuck got the Cylon pregnant and then......no wait, that was the movie Enemy Mine :D (which was actually pretty good)

I loved the one with the Pegasus...

One of the cylons is standing there talking to the traitor (Boltron?) saying "what should we do about the other battlestar?"

"what other battlestar"

Just then you see the Pegasus enter the battle. Cool.

As for David Hasselhof....that man is to sexiness as Chuck Norris is to delivering death!

Maybe Kennedy was pressing the doorbell looking for you Dub.

I can see it now.

"ding dong"

"Yes, may I help you?"

"Hi Dubbo, I'm Jamie Kennedy"

"yes, how can I be of assistance"

"Hurry the feck up and finish Castaways 2 already!!!!!!!"

:lol::lol: JP you impatient, funny bastard. :lol::lol:

Question though......what do you find so sexy about David Hasselhoff? (You said it....actually Arsenal said "I mean, let's face it, David Hasselhoff is a sexy dude.")

So let me direct this question to both of you. Is there something you guys want to share. A tent in the mountains perhaps :wink:

:lol::lol: JP you impatient, funny bastard. :lol::lol:

Question though......what do you find so sexy about David Hasselhoff? (You said it....actually Arsenal said "I mean, let's face it, David Hasselhoff is a sexy dude.")

So let me direct this question to both of you. Is there something you guys want to share. A tent in the mountains perhaps :wink:

That's like asking, "Why is the sky blue?". Sure I could get all scientific on you, but I'll just say that "Sometimes, things just are the way they are.". Besides, Germany loves him, so there's got to be something there. :D