X52 problems with mode switcher

Knight

Hey guys, recently im having real problems with my x52, i dont know if its a driver issue or something, but the stick will not go into mode 1 when i turn the mode switcher to 1....if i leave it in 1 for an hour it will switch...and sometimes the stick doesnt respond to any commands at all....does anyone else have anything similar on their X52?

I'm still trying to under stand the mode thing.

When I prograhm stuff into a different mode it conflicts with what is in mode 1. I though each mode was a clean slate. so I am not much help to ya.

Sorry and good luck.

PS. Do check the drivers though.

Hey guys, recently im having real problems with my x52, i dont know if its a driver issue or something, but the stick will not go into mode 1 when i turn the mode switcher to 1....if i leave it in 1 for an hour it will switch...and sometimes the stick doesnt respond to any commands at all....does anyone else have anything similar on their X52?

I have intermittent problems with mine too. Saitek can't write a decent driver to save thier lives. When you have problems check that the cable between the sticks is firmly seated on both ends then unplug the USB cable, give it a half minute and plug it back in then restart the profile software if neccessary. One thing that I've always found with Saitek is that I have to unplug them when I restart or shut down, then plug back in after the 'puter is fully up and running, otherwise they give me nothing but trouble.

I'm still trying to under stand the mode thing.

When I prograhm stuff into a different mode it conflicts with what is in mode 1. I though each mode was a clean slate. so I am not much help to ya.

Sorry and good luck.

PS. Do check the drivers though.

All commands should carry through from one mode to the next unless you change them (the carried through setting will show a small arrow [kind of like windows 'shortcut' arrow]), so you can change just one or two settings and easily keep the rest the same, for instance I have guns mapped to the first stage on my trigger and cannons on the second using in-game settings in "mode one", in "mode two" I mapped the letter that I set for "Guns+Cannons" [Q, I think] to the first stage so I can fire all my guns at once on the P-47 without having to go to the second stage, but everything else stays the same. (did any of that make sense?)

Yeh, I got it. my problem was that I originally assigned the button in IL2 and then also told that button to be something else using the saitek software. I think I will play with it a bit today inbetween back spasms.

my plan is to make mode 3 HOTAS bomber controls while I am in sight.(trims, Alt, Speed, sight on/off .....)

Tried once and failed.

~S~