1946 Installs w/no problem :)

Okie

Hello all,

I got the 1946 dvd a couple of days ago and just have a few comments.

So far I have nothing but warm fuzzy feelings about it. Installation was a breeze for me. Popped in the dvd and clicked install and away it went. I just let it do what it wanted to and all is well. My previous installation of pf+fb+aep remains untouched and fully operational with the switch-o-matic from 404 and 405. Since 1946 installed in its own folder and is completely independent of pf+fb+aep install I am not sure why there is a need for the triple switcher route. Is that only needed for a downloaded version of 1946?

Then I went in to the 1946 folder and deleted the "Users" folder and replaced it by copying and pasting that same folder from my PF+FB+AEP installation. Now all my controller key settings are good to go and my pilot name and all that are set. After this I moved all my needed mission folders via some copy and pasting from PF+FB+AEP. Then I made the usual adjustments in the confg file. I have not copied all my skin folders over yet but expect that to be no problem.

I am very pleased at how effortless this install has gone. I have to admit I had concerns that it might be a bit of a pain when I ordered it.

From the little bit of game play I have done I have found the playability to be improved in that I have lost some stutters that existed at certain points in the game.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with yous guys. Hope it will give some relief to those who may have concerns.

GP