Bombing Just Got Easier (With A Dash Of Complication)

Tolwyn

I've been testing 4.13m bombing (single player) in all the new bombsights and changes.

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/files/file/773-il2-1946-413m-key-listing/

The above link will give you a Word Document with ALL the commands in IL2 1946 4.13m. Might be helpful to create a quick-glance reference as you come to terms with a few of the new commands. You can edit the Word Doc and put your own keybindings in. I had to print mine out as I work with the new bombsight commands.

The good news:

The bombsights are wonderful. They work really well and the Readme PDF is a great guide.

I took ONE mission that I built and just copied it, adding the different aircraft that utilize the different bombsights and just practiced.

Once you get the hang of how to do it (and it ain't that hard), you just can't... miss... it almost feels like... well... cheating.

It's math. Geometry, and these bombsights do some cool things.

My opinion is that it is a bit harder to bomb in the previous patches than it is now. I don't need the Bombsight Table 2.0 utility anymore.

The bad news:

Are there issues? Oh yes. A few of them. Especially around (darn it) coop mode. But I think they are going to be able to fix those issues.

It took me some time to really THINK about my keyboard layout. I didn't really have to change my HOTAS stuff at all...

Anyways, I hope you guys find the vault attachments helpful.