Meeting - Or Also Meeting - Up With Bucky

JensenPark

should read "almost NOT meeting - Up with Bucky"

So minding my own business when I get a message through the DangerDogz PM:

"Hey, JP:  I don't have your e-mail, and I don't have your name or phone number but I'm pretty sure you're in Edmonton so can we hook up?"

At first I figure it's just Painless contacting me for a booty call, then I see it's from Bucky.

His message continues:

"I get in around 5:30...but I don't have your e-mail.  Will catch a cab into town".

I think: "Perfect, I'm out at our airport, an hour drive from downtown, anyway at that time, so I'll pick him up while I'm there".

Stupidly I respond that I will meet him at the airport and that he can stay at the hotel. 

Stupidly I remember I don't have his last name.  I thought about making a booking under "Mr. Bucky", but I was afraid he'd be showing up and telling my staff: "Kelly doesn't know my name, but we met on the internet and said I could have a room".  True, it wouldn't be the first time they'd heard it...but I'm trying to curtail such activities.

So I PM Bucky back that I'll be at the airport at 5:30 and pick him up.  And to e-mail his last name.

5:30 rolls around and the hotel calls...turns out Bucky is at the hotel.

I call him and leave a nasty message for missing me at the airport.

I meet up with Buck in the am for breakfast.  Turns out he was getting into town at 5:30 on the bus (about a 5 minute walk from the hotel) and not the airport.  I still curse him out and accuse him of sleeping with young, male sheep.  Bucky denies that he ever told me he was arriving at the airport.  And he denies the sheep were young.

Anyway, making a short story long, we had some coffee, told some stories and went our separate ways.

Apparently Buck is back in town in spring so hopefully next time I can share stories of drink, women and young sheep.