Known Dcs P-51D Bugs

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thought I'd post a few of the 'Usual Suspects' here so you guys don't have to go hunting;

1) Force Feedback - none in game currently, it's WiP

2) Tyre textures going orange - known issue, to do with LoDs, fix is already in next Beta apparently

3) Buffet/shake effects - distinct from the lack of FFB is the fact that the FM does NOT yet include these parameters so you'll get no visual or audible clues yet as to imminent onset of aerodynamic stall.

4) Other heating/radiator elements are unfinished and gauges do not yet work.

Aside from that, I'm really rather liking the old girl - and whilst takeoffs aren't you're usual Il-2 power up and go affairs, it's still crisp and clean in the air, with little in the way of gyroscopic precession; whether that's yet to be modelled properly I can't tell you, but I'm gonna enjoy this new addition very much!

• 1. DDz Quorum

By Eck lad, you're not wrong! Even now it's fun just doing the start-up, moseying over to the runway and after the inevitably hairy takeoff, having a good ol' barnstorm! And the satisfcation of landing the bugger - should you survive your inevitably low flying antics - is immense.

Oh, and a free Su-25T too for those of you who have a penchent for Soviet jet attack aircraft... Aren't we lucky boys?

post-410-0-54975900-1335829516_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-56377900-1335829579_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-90582300-1335829592_thumb.jpg

To add to the awesomeness, the next patch will integrate BS2 and A10C into the DCS-world hub, so we can run missions with p-51s, Ka50, SU-25t (designated SEAD-bus :D ) and of course the A10C.

Once you know about the tailwheel lock, take off really is quite easy. But as most situations in life, if you are not careful with the stick, it is going to end poorly.

• 2. Administrators

Lol Bongo.

I've had a tootle about in it now including a few touch and go's and landings and it's a bit lighter on the controls than I was expecting and it will be nice to have some FFB but all things considered, very nice indeed.

Jabo