Hey Everyone, I'm Jake.

Zip-Zap

• 1. DDz Quorum

This is difficult.

We have a young 'un who is clearly keen, and picking up on some important history here.

An opportunity for some shaping of the next generation too ;)

@Zip-Zap Comms is important, not for how you sound but for how you team work.

Your honesty is certainly appreciated by me, and several others and I for one would rather see you hang out with us who are a pretty safe lot.

Hang around mate, join us on comms and feel no shame.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2. Administrators

Good call I think Roger, the policy has been there since Jim instated it, but we made an exception for Smash without any repercussions so there's a precedent.

Well done for coming clean Jake, it's working out better than being busted later.

Jabo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What they said...... Don't be discouraged, and don't give us reason to say that we are right, but make us question the wisdom of our decision. That is what will demonstrate your maturity, wether or not we change our minds.

Maturity is measured by our attitudes towards others, not about thier attitudes towards us.

For my money, I'll take an honest 13 year old over a 40 year old liar any day.

Guys, I think the Founders group should have a meeting about this. The way Smash joined the squad was different than this. I knew him personally and brought him in not knowing the age limit. He was not let in at that point. Our Founder Jim made the decision months later after flying with him and talking a little with me about him and his mom not only give her approval, but being happy he could join with me and you guys.

Please wait until an official decision is made.

Howdy ZZ

Feel free to hang around the pound, regardless if you get fitted for a collar or not.

In time you may be accepted full in, or you might just decide us old farts are just not to your liking.

Either way it takes time to find out.

• 1. DDz Quorum

You could Help Zip-Zap by validating your email ;)

We are keen to make sure that all parties are looked after here, we do have to consider that you are a minor and therefore safety is an issue for you as well as us.

Please don't disappear - contribute, watch out for Saturday nights when we have public flying and join in, you can easily see if people are online in the Public TS server widget showing on our forum homepage ;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

What other games do you play?

My eldest is 16 (also a Jake) and he had his own clan @ 13, not so many of them now though.

And please do check your email for the validation, you need to finish signing up by proving the email works.

It is the only way you can get your password reset too.

Ignore - someone put you in that group!

I'm sure You'll be fine with the install, but you might find a bit of knowledgable help will save a lot of time on the setup. It can be a bit ....counterintuative. Prop is definitely knowledgeable in ROF.

I'm curious, what brought you to IL2, did you have a previous interest in aviation? WWII?

Good to hear Zip (or Jake). I joined the dogz when I was 18, been here ever since, a bunch of extraordinarily kind and entertaining fellows.

Hopefully they will be good influence of you. I started playing flight sims when I was about 5, and started playing online when I was 15. Good luck to you. All I can recommend to you is to keep your interest up and keep a keen ear. You will learn a lot from the dogz.

They truly represent the very best in an online squad, ranging from limitless compassion to the utmost of tolerance, with a bottomless font of knowledge.

Yeah Jediteo, I checked out some of the threads, and I see many of you guys know about your planes :lol:

I can't wait to hear about the results of the meeting about deciding to let me join you guys or not, I hope its good news ^_^

• 2. Administrators

Hang in there Jake and bear in mind that even if it's 'no' now, that doesn't automatically mean it's 'no' later. So if the news isn't what you want, come back and fly with us on Saturdays when you'll always be welcome and once we all know each other, there may be room for a different decision.

Jabo

P.S. I'm not in the founders group, so the above is just my opinion.

Jake, I'm sorry but it's going to have to be a no for now. We have longstanding rules and we don't break them without careful consideration. You are welcome to come to the forum as a guest and chat and ask questions or whatever, and you are more than welcome to join us on Saturdays.

As for the future, we will keep our minds open, but no promises. (BTW, a little hint: how you handle this will have a lot to do with what happens in the future)

Yea, what BA just said.

But I'll let you know Jake, you made is think about it. We were not just putting you off the past several days. We were discussing the rule and how it might affect the squad among other things.

You are welcome on the public TS server anytime I think. What days and times are you available to fly normally? If you show up and just hang out there sometimes, you might be surprised who joins you.