Bucky Shows Up In Edmonton

JensenPark

So I'm walking through the hotel this morning after breakfast and I hear "Hey Kelly".

Great, I think. Another bloody guest wanting to complain.

I look over and see a guy in sunglasses and a toque (a knitted wool head garment for you non-Canadians).

Great, I think. Another bloody homeless person to kick out.

Turns out it is Bucky (I swear I thought he was a hobo when I pepper sprayed him).

I was on my way to the local aviation museum where my oldest, Jensen, volunteers so I asked Buck if he wanted to join me.

"Planes?...Yea, I guess I could" he responds through tears from the spray.

Before we go to the museum we stopped into a coffee shop and run into our provincial Premier (equivelent to a Governor of a state in the US).

Bucky thinks it is cool until I pepper spray the Premier. I don't like her.

We zip over the museum where the curator lets us into their flight sim...a fully functional cockpit of a DC 6. He lets both of us take it for a spin. It's hard to see, but the throttles, trim, flaps, and almost every dial (over 100) is 'live' and connected to the sim.

They are also building a B25 sim and a Elecktra sim http://en.wikipedia....d_L-188_Electra that will be an actual certified trainer. Amazing for a small museum.

Here's a few pics

Me and Buck (shameless advertising for my hotel)

IMG-20120421-00043.jpg

Bucky in front of a restored B25

IMG-20120421-00042.jpg

Bucky 'flying'. In the right hand seat...just like a Betty.

IMG-20120421-00040.jpg

A very jaundiced JP and Bucky in the sim. Again, all the dials, buttons up top are 'live' and hooked into the sim.

IMG-20120421-00039.jpg

NON BUCKY RELATED

Was in Jasper, Alberta the other day on meetings. Pull into the hotel and see this. They're all over the freakin' place just hanging around eating.

IMG-20120415-00028.jpg

This is from our hotel in Jasper...

IMG-20120416-00030.jpg

well, we both kinda' crashed and killed all on board. I tell you, the last few minutes of their lives were terrifying as we slewed back and forth. Amazing experience through.

Buck had just driven for 10 hours...from 2am to 10am so he looks a bit dazed. Lack of sleep, not pepper spray.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I arrived home safe and sound on Sun,4pm local time.

Just wanted to say thanks again,JP.

...btw,this is what i looked liked when JP saw me for the first time.....lol

post-619-0-83926600-1335928453_thumb.jpg