Swap Offered

DD_Brando

In an effort to get my strange friend back online I have purchased a discontinued Intel Deskboard which appears to have everything he needs. The only problem is that it is not supported by Windows 7 and I'm left needing a legit copy of XP. I have an OEM copy of Win 7 which I'd be happy to swap. If anyone is interested?

B

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've got an officially licensed installation of XP, still ready to run, but I haven't started it in 2 months.

As far as I know it's not an OEM one, and it's base is XP professional SP2.

At the moment I have no need for a swap... I run Windows 7 now....

I can completely disable / delete my XP partition, and PM you the serial.

Then you can try and see if it works... I wouldn't know for sure, but I guess Bill can only conclude in the end that some Dutch geezer took 2 months to move to the UK and got himself 'new' hardware in the process... would that work?

(BTW, do you also want 2 Guillemot ForceFeedback sticks?

They work fine with XP!)

Oh, wait, I now see I bought it directly from Microsoft, and it's registered under my name... oh dear...

How strange is that friend of yours?

Hm, maybe not such a good idea, sorry... :o:(

I have a spare OEM xp.sp1 with sp2&3 CDs. Want it? I have activated it a couple of times but there was no problems.

Oh, yes please Dave :thumbsup: - that's really gonna help me out. The 7 HP 64bit has only been activated once. I'll fire it off as soon as I can. Brill! :D

Ross

PS @ FT... Thanks for the kind thought Arjen. I could maybe have persuaded my neighbour, Catalina, to write Dutch things to Microsoft - but what things??? We'll never know ;)

Brando all you need is a valid key from any old XP machine that hasn't been up and running in the last year or so.

It will update and Bill won't even realize it's a different machine.

I read awhile back that Bill had to purge his details due to the space it was taking, and since its an obsolete OS as far as he is concerned really, I'm positive it will work.

I've seen it done.

I know a guy that bought an old PC from a flea market only because it had the OEM Win XP tag on it, for 5 bucks, and loaded it on his new build.

• 2. Administrators

I have a good key Brando - you'll just need a vanilla XP disk (no preloaded Service Packs) - which I can also help you with if you want it. It's a corporate key too.

Well, I still have a bootable copy of XP Pro somewhere which I used to set up a number of machines back in the day :ph34r: The corporate key was discontinued at some point - probably when MS discovered that it had been used to connect the equivalent of a medium-sized town ^_^ - and then I had to resort to all sorts of measures to keep it ticking along. So if Dave can spare me his set of discs then I think that will be the best way to go....

Thanks for all the other suggestions, they are much appreciated.

B

Change of plan - I'm writing you a PM, Nick.

Edited by DD_Brando