Well do I need a new video card or what!

Waldo.Pepper

Did you completely remove the drivers, and run driver cleaner?

Indeed I did Roger. The only other thing I can think to try is to install the card on another computer and see if the problem migrates to that computer. I have a pretty strong suspicion that it will. So strong in fact that I don't think I shall bother.

The temps are within normal range as well. I think it just plain broke. Seems that way anyway.

when you replaced the drivers did you make sure that the game resolution and you desktop was the same ?

try running il2setup again

Im with the guys above , I dont think its your card as when they go the artifacts are usually full screen psycadelic lozenges. I think its driver or setup issue. the newercats are designed for the newer cards try getting a hold of an older set and see if this makes a difference

good luck

A final note. No it didn't quite work out with the settings turned down. Stop errors etc.

So I was doen for Thursday, and this morning I poped in a new video card.

At least for the weekend I am running an ATI X1600 with 512 ram.

So far it is great, but I have the option to switch to an Nvidia 3700gs by my supplier, which I may do. But so far all is well again at Chez Waldo. Thanks.