777 Has Posted Their Roadmap For 2012. A New Map!

A few highlights and of course you can read it for yourself here:

http://riseofflight.com/Blogs/post/2012/02/10/ROF-Development-Plans-2012.aspx

A new channel map: Covering parts of Northern France, Western Belgium and southern England (not London though)

Float Planes!: Flexistowe F.2a and the Hans-Brandenburg W.12

Shipping!: Freighters, submarines.

Other new planes:

Airco HD.4,

Halberstadt CLII (this has been available for pre-order for some time but since it has not been released I am including it)

Improvements!:

er....they were a little vague about improvements on the game engine itself. New ground objects...no hint as to what those might be. Work on improving AI "and other parts of the sim".

But Not To Worry! They are are also releasing pay-per items that will allow you to upgrade/personalize your aircraft!!! (no Friar, you will not be able to order varying colors of habits for your ladies).

Of course all these itemized improvements come with a price tag. The new map will run 19.99 on pre-order (24.99 otherwise). The planes themselves have become more expensive as well, with the DH4 at 8.99 as a pre-order and 11.99 regular priced (and of course I am comparing this to the cost of a single seat fighter so that might not be fair).

777 would very much appreciate your money...er...support far in advance of their expected release of these new features and so have put everything up as pre-order on their store. In their words: "more improvements and more ways to support us"

25$ for a map that is 50% water? :lol: The landmass is about 70 square miles or about 43km²

I guess I'll wait and buy it during a sale if it looks good.

Sadly the community can't mod in maps. I'd love to fly those old machines over an exciting terrain like carribean or something. It doesn't even have to be realistic, just nice to the eye.