How Did These Guys Ever Get Into The Eu?

JensenPark

• 1. DDz Quorum

For the record, discussion of politics is tolerated on the proviso that it doesn't get out of hand and personal insults etc. don't creep in.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have had to step in and say 'No' when a topic has derailed.

No one, to my knowledge, other than me (and I include BG) used their mod rights to doctor posts that they disagreed with and the dust always settled quickly.

Religion is another thing entirely, and our brief dalliance with that proved to be quite damaging to the aura of camaraderie that pervades the dogs.

'Attila the Hun' ? Don't really know how to respond to that, pretty sure it was very muffled because a tongue was so firmly stuck in a cheek :D

SkyPup, you have my sincere apologies for committing a form of vandalism on your words and links.

JP; A little Greek!? Well I suppose thats one mid-life crisis I've got to look forward to. Please also accept my sincere apologies for my act of vandalism. Recently I seem to have lost my sense of proportion but more importantly my sense of humour too. I'm working on that.

How did Greece get into the EU? The same way and for the same reasons Spain and Portugal came in. They'd all emerged from periods of military rule/fascist regimes and Western Europe was anxious to tie them into democratic institutions as quickly as possible. The same thing took place two decades later and for the same reasons with Poland, the Baltic states and those other countries of central and eastern Europe emerging into freedom after years under soviet hedgemony.

I had a bat.

I found it hanging upside down sleeping, near the entrance of a cave.

I captured it in a jar and took it home and placed it in an old bird cage.

That night we discovered that a bat could squeeze its body through the bars of the bird cage.

My mother was not amused.

Thinking about sharp cheddar cheese and a glass of port.