Airsoft

gec

My son is interested in Airsoft so i'm trying to find a store to buy a good AE gun. Airsoft guns are very expensive here in Europe. Anyone from Americas knows a good cheep store? Also a recommendation for a gun would be nice.

i was thinking about electric, metal automatic rifle that's not to long and not to short (like uzzy).

I had the Tokyo Maryu AK-47 AEG (Automatic Electric Gun) and was very happy with it. Chrono's @ 290fps out of the box. Stick a 600 round hi-cap in and you're good to go. If you feel the need a simple spring upgrade will take you to 350fps which woudl be illegal in the UK at least.

Otherwise a lot of people played with the TM M4A1 which has lots of upgrade options and the MP5A4 was also popular (Large stock means you can get a large battery in).

I had a load of fun playing but unfortunately trouble with my knees stopped me :-(

Sure your lad will love it :- it's so much better (IMHO) than paintball !

Cheers

Dave

My son and I both have Cybergun Thompsons- in the video below is his M1A1, and I have the Chicago Typewriter. Both function very well, and are nearly all metal, though the stocks are plastic. They shoot 300FPS plus, have adjustable hop-ups, and are very accurate.

thx guys! this M1A1 sure looks nice!

In the meantime i've exchanged my RC 450 class electric helicopter for a used JG HK M5-SD5. The gun is extremely powerful, and precise. i had a cardboard box (like the one on the Erco's video) with another box in it. 0.2b BB when't clean through four, not tight fit cardboard walls with space between them from about 12m (cca42 feet).

The BB grouping was on the same distance from standing position inside 2 inch.

I want one!!!!!

I know, right?!

I have been looking into this further, there are some really high end guns out there. Full metal bodies built exactly like the real deal, some with comparable price tags. Oh boy...another expensive obsession, lol. Well I did decide to give up flying R/C planes...so maybe that will offset things a bit.

David

Until I can buy a REAL Thompson, then this one will do just fine. No FFL issues, cheap ammo, and I can use it in a somewhat prototypical fashion. Heck, the most expensive airsoft gun I'm aware of is a replica BAR, and it's only $1200 or so. If I had a REAL Tommygun I'd likely only get to fire it 2-3 times a year.

I'm going tomorrow, maybe I'll get some vids to post.

On an somewhat unrelated note, my airsoft gun is a heck of a non-lethal weapon for home defense. You will NOT advance through the hail of BBs this thing can fling at your face (or other soft parts). Unless, of course, you have a pretty high pain tolerance.

And if you do, we've got that eventuality covered as well.

• Like 1

Erco,

I have finalized my wishlist:

KWA KMA4 SR10

http://kwausa.com/products/aeg/km4-sr10/

KWA 1911 A1

http://kwausa.com/products/gbb/1911a1-usarmy/

Well, the weapon wishlist at least. I already have BDUs left over from my paintball days. I want to get a new tac vest and some knee protection...my knees are not as touch as they used to be...ok, they are downright old.

• 2 weeks later...

My KWA SR10 arrived yesterday!!!

I have no idea how to use it but I can learn ;)

The gun looks to be in excellent shape, the warranty seal has not been broken so I assume that the gearbox has not been tampered with. Everything feels solid and operation appears smooth.

Using Crosman Biodegradable "Precision" .20 BBs (I will pick up better and heavier BBs on my next trip to town) I can hit a cardboard box at about 120'. Course I was aiming at a pigeon sitting on the roof of my barn at the time.... :D

The "minor scratches" advertised in his thread did not mention an anarchy symbol on the receiver but it is very shallow and will be easy to repair in the shop.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase, especially the price, and after some maintenance I am sure the KWA SR10 will make me a very happy airsofter.

David

DSC05984.jpg

DSC05985.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my God! Some might have noticed that I have not been around in a while.....I became addicted to buying Airsoft stuff....to the tune of 1500.00 in the last few weeks.....holy crud....so many accessories to buy, and it all seems so cool! I have not even played yet and I own two airsoft assault rifles (KWA M4 SR10, and a KWA G36C H&K), a pistol (KWA M1911DS with an extra mag), five extra mags for each rifle, real camo clothing (US military issue), a MOLLE plate carrier Tactical Vest with various pouches, pads for my tender bits, a CamelBak to hold water for hot days (a backpack water thingy), a one point sling so I can let go of my rifle while walking, etc, accessories for both rifles (sights, handles, etc), high impact full seal goggles, wire mess face mask, 12,000 rounds of biodegradable BBs, a custom MOLLE rifle carrier (backpack type that holds two rifles and four pistols plus MOLLE pouches out the wazzu), and and and OTHER STUFF!!!

Erco, Largie, Gek...I blame you guys!!!! :D

Ok, so I had the extra money and have been having a ball meeting the new people that I will be fighting with. This is one hell of an involved hobby I must admit.

Perhaps you should change your nick to just Nut? Have fun with all your toys. I think I might look into some of this stuff. I bet it'd be good for tactical training, my team might find it very useful. Bloody expensive though.

Gec, this may come a bit late but

http://www.hristo.hr/

is THE airsoft store in Croatia. And for best buy I'd definitely recommend Jing Gong brand. It's a chinese brand but unlike what you may think it's VERY good quality and people swear by it, yet it is less expensive than overpriced Japanese and western brands, many say it's better quality as well.

I myself have not done airsoft but I've read about the subject a lot because I was interested in it at one point a few years back.