FoolTrottel

F6F-5 vs. 4 Veteran Zeros last night for a few minutes. Radiator modeling seems good so far. Changes to F6F seems about right,. Seems like you can outrun zeros better now in level flight. I'm finding the A.I.s unpredictability and better deflection shooting delightful so far. So far, I'm liking what I see, but not sure if the blowup flaps are working correctly. Seems like the Pacific Theater will be much more realistic now.

They got the propeller pitch control direction fixed in the F4F series, as I'd asked. I can read the clock again. Nice!

My (very limited) testing shows that the straight in approach option now means that it's a lot less likely that you'll run out of fuel going around again. And again. And again. waiting for the AI to get their act together as several aircraft will (attempt to) land in trail. The downside, as noted by TD, is that they now have a tendency to collide with each other on a straight in approach or just after landing. Beware the runaway wingman. Apparently, these alternate settings aren't available on carriers.... Additionally, the ones that went around (two of four) promptly flew into the ground.

Blew an AI Zero out of the air with a 38J. Average skill, and no last minute dippy-dos! (He never budged, as I screamed in from high six.) Looks like they really got something right with all that AI tweaking.

Did some messing around with "patrol" settings for FMB waypoints. Awesomeness and then some. This makes patrol missions a whole heap quicker and easier to set up.

Anyone who's up for some 4.11 tonight, I'd be glad to (assuming I can get the time). No guarantees.

Initial impressions are good.