Tiger Moth

PapaBear

Well i managed to get down to the flying field today for the Moths maiden, i can tell you i was a bit nervous after spending so much time on it.

Fired the motor up checked all the controls for the final time, pointed her into the slight breeze and eased on the power and away she went no wierd scary reactions just a lovely smooth climb out, and once into circuit there was no trimming required. Had about 10mins just getting the feel of the controls, so now the scary bit getting it back on the grass in one piece, well it floated in an absolute treat no problem at all. Got another flight in later in the day and tried a few loops and rolls, i can't believe how nice it is to fly, well worth all the hours put into it.

Now i can get the rest of the detail on and get some more flying done :thumbsu:

Will get some pics and video's soon.

Just a few pics of the finished Moth after maiden flight all except a few decals on front end.

post-801-0-35581900-1445430151_thumb.jpg

post-801-0-73586800-1445430208_thumb.jpg

post-801-0-84253500-1445430250_thumb.jpg

starting to look weathered and used already.

post-801-0-85309900-1445430320_thumb.jpg

One some what scruffy but delighted owner lol !!

post-801-0-32182800-1445430393_thumb.jpg

Videos soon, whats next on the building board ? i think i will build a 100% scale gaming computer. :thumbsu::salute:

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

So, wait, it's even got dual gages in it? Are they in working order?

Amazing indeed....

yeah, create some pilots on scale, let them wave at the public... or let 'm make random gestures ... lol

Or, make it a pilot-trainee situation, where they are constantly in a fight, yelling at each other...  

• 1. DDz Quorum

The only instrunent that works FT is the speed indicator on wing strut.

Yes must get some pilots next, i will get a 3D one printed of Bongo. :thumbsu:

Ah, okay!

Get two of 'm printed, one the mirror image of the other, so one looks right, and the other looks wrong  left

Words fail me - you are a craftsman sir.

Jabo

P.S. How about a scale Bongo for the pilots seat?

P.P.S. And get that bloody computer built.

The only instrunent that works FT is the speed indicator on wing strut.

Yes must get some pilots next, i will get a 3D one printed of Bongo. :thumbsu:

Ah, okay!

Get two of 'm printed, one the mirror image of the other, so one looks right, and the other looks wrong  left

LOL!!! I'm sure they will both look wrong, try to make sure you catch my best features (read as leave out my double chin)

Bloody gorgeous looking model though, love the way mud has tracked on the bottom wing, just like the real thing, now of course you need to douse it in used engine oil for added realism.

• 2 months later...