Tiger Moth

PapaBear

Hi guys, yes Mayhem it will be R/C, in answer your question Propnut, as far as i can see after studying drawings for some time is the dummy fibreglass fuel tank is fitted to the main struts coming up from the fuselage and has a large steel rod ( 6swg ) protruding about an inch on both sides which line up with main spar on top wings and they plug into that, and two small nuts and bolts to hold each wing in place.

Does not sound very stong but drawings advise the wing rigging is most important to integral strength of airframe.The lower wings are fitted to the fuselage much in the same way as full size just a few nuts and bolts.

Wow Propnut thats big! what motor have you got up front ? Just looking at drawings again and it looks like there is a rear mounting rod that slides into rear spar the same as the front, this means the incidence will have to be built in spot on. Making a one piece wing for the top sounds like the way to go, its only 88" wing span that should just fit in my little van :thumbsu:

• 1. DDz Quorum

I am using a Zenoah G-62, it flies it great but with limited vertical.

62CC engine :o

I'm playing with RC Helicopters at the moment, RTF types, and am considering making a fixed wing model.

Cost though don't they!!

I am using a Zenoah G-62, it flies it great but with limited vertical.

62CC engine :o

I'm playing with RC Helicopters at the moment, RTF types, and am considering making a fixed wing model.

Cost though don't they!!

It all depends on how far you go with it, there is some good affordable stuff out there now.

The G-62 takes it off after only a very short rollout. It easily does all scale maneuvers and several not so scale, lol. But I have been flying with guys who seriously over power their planes so that was the comparison that I was making, lol. My 1/3rd scale is built light, at 34#.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...