'realism' Settings?

Zooly

Are the current settings (lock cockpit) going to be a permanent thing or is it just for the upcoming North Africa campaign? I'm in for this for fun and locked 'pit just doesn't do it for me so if DF games are going the same way then I'll be here but not playing, with the update info it seems that single player might just be an option for the first time.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Zooly,

No, these settings are just being tried out as we have only just discovered how to do it!

It was always one of Jim's rules that The Dogz have always tried to fly at the lowest common denominator for our general flying to make sure everyone gets to have a good time, for example if someone had not patched up then we would always try and drop down to what ever they had, I have been the benefactor on more than occasion of this rule.

Anyone that wants to stick to no externals can do so with their own settings / choice, using what ever aids they have at their disposal.

We are however, intending to fly the North Africa event with externals only on the ground plus very short icons just to "notch it up a bit", as these events have done in the past.

FT is our main host during the week and I am sure that once we have these new setting sussed, (we had an interesting scenario tonight when I skilfully dived on Sweper and strafed him whilst he was landing killing him but not destroying the plane, he could not go to externals at all, where he should have been able to. Once I had returned and finished the job and destroyed his plane, he could then use externals to look at what was going on, albeit, his own side only,) we will be going back to normal.

It is sessions like this that wheedle out such quirks.

I am sorry that you feel you were not able to fly with these settings and left before we had a chance to explain.

I have already posted in another thread stating that I believe co-ops should remain with "lax" settings and from talking to the chaps that were left last night, the consensus was the same.

Myself and the other guys all hope to fly with you again soon and enjoy the madness that is the Dogz.

Friar

I am of the opinion that certain settings suit the track ir brigade more and I doubt that I will ever be one of those as my finances don't stretch to such frivolities and I could 'fly' with these settings but truth be told, I don't enjoy it and very much doubt I ever will. When something stops being fun I simply move on to something else and maybe now is the time that I put Il2 to bed for a while and have fun doing alternative things like...does it really matter?

Zooly,

Normal Icon settings will not change from what they have been for years. Only during special events do we attempt to put a little more realism into it. But the day to day Dog gatherings will still be 5Km Icons. red and blue

Please don't leave. We like you :)

Zooly,

Normal Icon settings will not change from what they have been for years. Only during special events do we attempt to put a little more realism into it. But the day to day Dog gatherings will still be 5Km Icons. red and blue

Please don't leave. We like you :)

Ok I may as well put my 2 pennies in. I am 100% behind Zooly on this.I realise through personal issues I have not been on much but I think I have given enough time building to be able to voice an opinion. To me its really simple, if you dont like outside views, wonderwoman etc... dont use them? For those of us without track ir or hatswitches flying without externals is miserable and no fun whatsover .We must realise we all havent been playing since year dot and if we want to encourage new members this wont be the way.I fly with CCC a new guy from Portugal who is really enjoying the flying but doesnt join groups through this reason. I remember players laughing about a certain german group that only flew certain aircraft and flew full switch. Good luck to them but personally I would never fly with them. Its also relevent to mention the MDS server here. Again I think this should have more choices. If you personally want to fly full switch just dont use those options. Turn your icons off, dont use the map, dont use outside views but please dont make those settings madatory. I realise perhaps I will get stick but hey, we all have a right to an opinion , right? As always I bow to the majority vote but if that is to make this a more realistic group leaning towards that and not fun...my flying days are over after all...its only a game.

• 2. Administrators

Guys, its already been answered above, For normal flying we will be as always with externals on, simples. Lastnight was just a test of the concept in co-ops to see if there was any bugs, nothing more, nothing less.

For special events we will be limited, because for things like north africa, neither side wants the other to be seeing what there doing on externals, it will ruin the concept of the event, where fog of war is important, but i'll say it again, for normal weekly flying, will be the same as always.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Dino,

If the MDS server has no externals on at the moment, that is my fault. It is where I have been testing the settings for the event. I will check this afternoon and if they are off I will put them back on.

I am of the opinion the group is NOT heading towards permanent tougher settings for the weekly co-op nights, we just happen to be in a period of testing the newly found settings that are available to us at the moment.

Your right that players can set their own difficulty settings for regular nights, its just that once in a while people like to have these events where pilots know that they can work to get on someone's six without them being spotted via an external view.

This group is all about getting enjoyment from the game. The vast majority of the time I believe it is played so that all players, regardless of the equipment they have, get to "fly" and have a laugh, it is my opinion that it is only fair that just as the group accommodates the fun flyer, once in a while we also go that bit extra for those that like the settings a bit tougher.

The work you have done in building the MDS missions is very much appreciated by the group, giving anyone the chance that wants to fly for a bit on the MDS server and have plenty to keep them occupied.

Salute

Friar

Edit.

I have just checked and below are the current settings and as you can see, externals are on.

Friar

post-311-0-50796000-1325080266_thumb.jpg

:thumbsu: Hi, Thanks for checking and yes the externals are back on the mds server. Of course guys that want to fly full realism and full switch should be accomodated.Perhaps we should have a full realism night scheduled as norm ? I think like Zooly my fear was that these would be adopted as a norm as was mentioned a couple of times in posts.

"Normal" is open pit, Long icons with color.

Lets not have a dedicated full switch night and leave that for the special events only. The last thing we want to do is turn people away from the Dangerdogz.

I just think there was a just little bit of cornfusion about this.

I think it is safe to state that "The Dogz will never go to locked pit for our normal get togethers"

Mike

• 1. DDz Quorum

Zooly,

See here: 'Locking External Views After Takeoff' , it's a reply I posted.

Some relevant words in there: "1. Will just be trying it out.

If there's just one of us in mission that states 'I hate this' or even 'I do not like this' or 'Hey, WTF?' it's back to what is was... but let's just give it a try!"

So... it's all cool!

My mistake of not announcing this test properly, apologies!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Zooly,

See here: 'Locking External Views After Takeoff' , it's a reply I posted.

Some relevant words in there: "1. Will just be trying it out.

If there's just one of us in mission that states 'I hate this' or even 'I do not like this' or 'Hey, WTF?' it's back to what is was... but let's just give it a try!"

So... it's all cool!

My mistake of not announcing this test properly, apologies!

:plusone:

~S~ Fine fellows,

Good, this has now been put to bed ! "All for one and one for all" (It's what we do here because Jim said so !)

Zooly you are not allowed to go anywhere because you are a well liked DangerDog, (not something to give up lightly m8 : ) Besides you don't want me bursting into tears, being a Bacardi drinking southern poofta and all :mom:

~S~ Painless.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Guys, its already been answered above, For normal flying we will be as always with externals on, simples. Lastnight was just a test of the concept in co-ops to see if there was any bugs, nothing more, nothing less.

For special events we will be limited, because for things like north africa, neither side wants the other to be seeing what there doing on externals, it will ruin the concept of the event, where fog of war is important, but i'll say it again, for normal weekly flying, will be the same as always.

"Normal" is open pit, Long icons with color.

Lets not have a dedicated full switch night and leave that for the special events only. The last thing we want to do is turn people away from the Dangerdogz.

I just think there was a just little bit of cornfusion about this.

I think it is safe to state that "The Dogz will never go to locked pit for our normal get togethers"

Mike

'Nuff said. I love the normal nights and don't want full switch but love the opportunity to have it on events such as North Africa to prevent inadvertant spotting of enemy aircraft and vehicles.

Cheerzen