Oh Man...is His True, You Uk'ers?

JensenPark

Is it true? No, it's bollocks. You shouldn't read this sort of stuff JP, it'll make you go blind.

Murder carries a mandatory life sentence in the UK. You can be released on a "life license" after consideration by a committee nominally chaired by the Ministry of Justice. I think the last figures available gave the average time spent in jail by a convicted murderer at around 19 years. That's an average though. There's obviously lots of people who will never be let out and there's a surprising number of people still in jail after 25 years for single murders who don't become eligible for parole as they, rather unsportingly, keep protesting their innocence even after all that time :icon_cyclops_ani: ! Try googling "Carl Bridgewater murder".

At the time of passing sentence the judge can also give a recommendation on the minimum length of time the convictee can spend in jail before becoming eligible for release under a life license. This is not subject to appeal in murder cases and since a life sentence is mandatory the length of this is not subject to appeal either. As a convicted murderer is given a life sentence he can never finish the sentence and cannot be paroled either. Release on a life license means he or she can be returned to prison at any time the authorities have concerns about their behaviour in free society. They do not have to commit a crime to be returned to jail. This happens rather more frequently than people think.

Have a great christmas and new year, JP and hurry up and come fly with us again. You'll recognize FT and I in the coop lobby-we're the ones wearing a Hajib! :thumbsu:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Err.

Yes it may be true according to the Daily Mail, have not been able to confirm on BBC JP.

A quick google of the assailants name (too polite a word for that frigging scumbag but it is Christmas) gets this from Daily Mail:

When the case was referred back to the Old Bailey in September this year, Boudjenane pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility.

The Recorder of London, Judge Peter Beaumont QC, jailed him for life with a minimum term of 16 years after hearing he suffered from a ‘paranoid and delusional disorder’ at the time of the killing.

He said: ‘Given the extreme nature of the violence perpetrated both before and in carrying out the killing, the protection of the public, and indeed the elimination of risk to the public, is paramount.’

However, the fresh psychiatric evidence meant there should be a ‘substantial reduction’ in the minimum term originally imposed, he added.

The sentence will run concurrently with the 15-year jail term imposed in 2008 for the rape and false imprisonment offences.

Boudjenane met the 42-year-old Filipina nanny at a party a few months before the attack, the Old Bailey heard at the original trial.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078109/Mohamed-Boudjenane-sentence-beheading-neighbour-cut-years.html#ixzz1hRyAnfCN

• 2. Administrators

If the daily mail reported that water was H20, i'd have to check from other sources before i'd trust that info. However, there lots more info from more reliable sources for this one.

And, its not quite as simple as Arthur eluded, because on appeal it seems that the murder conviction was quashed due to the fact that "the Court of Appeal ruled the trial judge had

misdirected the jury on psychiatric evidence" and the charge was reduced to the lesser charge of manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility, to which the shitbag pleaded guilty.

I guess the diminished responsibility relates to being a murderous mental religious nut job.

And you've got to respect that, haven'y you?

Bah.

And, its not quite as simple as Arthur eluded,

Yep, you're right. I have foolishly just read the blog JP posted not researched the facts. The blog says murder and you and I both know thats not how our criminal justice system works in the case of murder. But this isn't murder as defined by our criminal justice system is it? If you remove the bits about "illegal immigrant, benefit fraud, muslim," etc. that are put in to get our juices flowing but just consider what the case rests on then the facts are;

Man carries out brutal killing. Man charged with murder. Trial judge mis-directs jury and man wrongly convicted. Man given leave to appeal. Appeal allowed on grounds that trial judge mis-directed jury. Man convicted of manslaughter on grounds of diminished responsibility - he's a nutter!

Those are the facts.

Man has received due process and has been convicted.

Important to cut the BS outta this stuff and remember that people of all persuasions and backgrounds are capable of doing terrible things. Wonder what this POS would have been charged with if he hadn't topped himself too?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3988181/Sacked-cop-kills-his-wife-and-child.html

:icon_cry:

• 2. Administrators

I agree that our scaremongering press likes to dress this sort of stuff up, but as my english teacher once told me back at grammer school, if a country deserves a third rate press, that's what they'll get.

However, if you've read as many cases as what i have which by no means is that extensive, the term diminished responsibility proves time after time to be a fantastic get out clause, as does the fact that time and time again, the CPS, judges and generally all involved mess up due process, due to what i personally would describe as negligence in the discharge of there duties.

Still creates work for the appeal courts and keeps lawyers happy and wealthier.

Jaded, not I.......

Still, it's amazing how people can kill others for no good reason at all and get less time then people who had a good reason. Well, I guess this idiot thought his was a good reason. Getting out of jail after 25 years even for a totally senseless murder is absolutely appalling to me. Here in the states justice is pretty much totally wacked out as well. The sentences swing wildly from state to state and there seems to be no real standards except how the judge was feeling that day who by the way, have WAY too much power in this country. However a major problem we have over here is with organised crime in which case I don't think the justice is brutal enough. Its just so unbalanced it isn't even funny.

This was a totally heinous crime and it is, perhaps, a pity that the bloke couldn't be tried according to Sharia law. Almost as dangerous however, is the style and content of the original blog, which appears to be only a vehicle for one individual's racist hatred.

Here's an interesting fact. The eminent young neurosurgeon who operated on me a couple of years ago is a practising Muslim. I can confidently say that he has all the qualities that place a person head and shoulders above the baying mob as typified by the blogger that JP unfortunately stumbled upon.

"the charge was reduced to the lesser charge of manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility, to which the shitbag pleaded guilty.

I guess the diminished responsibility relates to being a murderous mental religious nut job."

The American comedian Dennis Miller had a bit about that along the lines of:

"Oh you're not guilty because you are insane, huh? Well, great. Then I want to see you sitting in a jail cell cackling away like Woody Woodpecker for the rest of your life."

"The eminent young neurosurgeon who operated on me a couple of years ago is a practising Muslim. I can confidently say that he has all the qualities that place a person head and shoulders above the baying mob as typified by the blogger that JP unfortunately stumbled upon."

A big part of the problem is that the political correctness and bowing down to the altar of multiculturalism ignores everything that does not jibe with the narrative of poor persecuted minority.

In the US, when people were protesting the building of the Ground Zero Mosque they were labeled anti-Muslim bigots or reactionaries besides the fact there were Muslims in the US and Canada ALSO speaking out against it, warning it WAS a big FU from the radicals. Some of these people lived in countries where radicals ran the show, and they know how they operate. They, of course, are ignored because it does not fit the narrative of the radicals only being radicals because they are so badly treated.

Let's face it, it is part of a larger problem where certain people sympathize with the perpetrators of crimes rather than the victims.

DT