Mordor And Skyrim

Tribunus

Good screen shots.

Are those your own, or are they official publicity shots.

Skyrim looks to be much more desolate than Cyrodiil. Or are you just spending a lot of time out in the wilderness?

As far as dragons, Skyrim seems to be fairly well populated with them. I will have to admit that dragons are rarely seen here in Egypt. We do have a host of scorpions, desert vipers and cobras. And the worst scourge of all, the un-licensed micro-buses. The Egyptians call them “Rolling Coffins”.

I knew that Skyrim had been released, but I had not really looked into it. My computer will not even begin to run CLoD, so I didn’t believe that it stood a prayer of running Skyrim.

But after being spurred on by your screen shots and Jedi’s two NVidia guides that he graciously placed in the Howl Box, I ran my system through one of the “Can I Run It” evaluators, and it seems that my rig will run it fairly well. Not great, but well enough.

Thanks for sharing.

I wouldn't say skyrim is more desolate than Cyrodiil, its just different in terms of terrain. Whereas Oblivion had mainly forests and swamps (and a few snowy mountains), Skyrim is slightly more varied from tundra enormous mountain chains to birtchforests. There are plenty of towns to see, all with their distinct flavour. If you enjoyed oblivion you will just love Skyrim and the wilderness is a lot more "wild". It runs fairly well on most systems, as it is a game designed for consoles as well. I don't think you should have much of a problem there Trib.

I'm not a FPS guy, nor do I usually like these kind of wander around and click your mouse like a madman battles.

That comes close to describing my dog fighting style. ;)

The more I read about Skyrim the better is sounds. It looks like they really did their homework and learned a lot of lessons from Oblivion.

It looks very nice, just a shame it's about pixies, fairies and suchlike.

Come over here and live for a couple of years mate. I'll show you stranger creatures than pixies and fairies, and they are much more heavily armed.

I wouldn't say skyrim is more desolate than Cyrodiil, its just different in terms of terrain. Whereas Oblivion had mainly forests and swamps (and a few snowy mountains), Skyrim is slightly more varied from tundra enormous mountain chains to birtchforests. There are plenty of towns to see, all with their distinct flavour. If you enjoyed oblivion you will just love Skyrim and the wilderness is a lot more "wild". It runs fairly well on most systems, as it is a game designed for consoles as well. I don't think you should have much of a problem there Trib.

I've done some reading and have learned that it is much more varied. The cities are supposed to be very big, but unlike Oblivion, there are supposed to be a lot of smaller towns and villages. And some truly wild wilderness areas.

Will it work with a mouse and key board? Or will I need a controller?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Mouse and Keyboard all the way Trib, it is a very good PC game.

What are it's aims? Will I get more satisfaction from it as opposed to getting involved in short tank battles because I really find World of Tanks easy to get into and use as an occasional?:huh: change and stress releaser.....

• 2. Administrators

Sid, its aims are whatever you want really.

Be nice, be a thief, be a bastard.

You can play for hours and hours without even touching the main questline.

Building up money, buying houses, even getting married if you really want, and of course adventuring in whatever style you want, sneaky, magic or just a fuck off big sword.

Finally got around to modding and putting hi res textures in, mmmmmmmmm

ScreenShot44.jpg

ScreenShot48.jpg

ScreenShot54-2.jpg

ScreenShot56.jpg

ScreenShot61.jpg

ScreenShot65.jpg

ScreenShot70.jpg

ScreenShot75.jpg

• 2. Administrators

to quote my post over at ubi,

I'm using the 4gig patcher (have to if using the high res textures),

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

although this should be redundant after the next patch, as 4 gig address's will be part of it, and these,

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=141

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/dow....php?id=2356#content

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/dow...e.php?id=607#content

and yes i have nvidia , but its only the latest beta drivers you can do ambient occlusion with, and i'll wait till they go final before playing around with that, can't be arsed messing around with the beta drivers.

a few more texture mods added as well now,

ScreenShot78.jpg

ScreenShot80-1.jpg

ScreenShot82.jpg

ScreenShot84.jpg

ScreenShot85.jpg

and yes i have nvidia , but its only the latest beta drivers you can do ambient occlusion with, and i'll wait till they go final before playing around with that, can't be arsed messing around with the beta drivers.

I was using that nVidia Inspector tool, not beta drivers.

What are it's aims?

As Fruitbat said you can do anything you wish to do.

Skyrim is a hugely improved new chapter to the Elder Scroll series that picks up a couple of hundred years after Oblivion. Like Oblivion, it is a completely open world. You can go anywhere and do anything you please. It's your character and you can completely ignore the quests, if that is want you want to do. You are not forced down a narrow path from quest to quest.

If you want to be a wandering Knight Errant/vigilante crime fighter, you can do it.

If you want to be psychopathic serial killer, you can do it.

If you want to be an iron ore miner and Blacksmith, you can turn the iron into weapons and sell them for cold hard cash

If you want to be a hunter, you can live in the woods and sell the meat that you harvest to the folks in the cities.

If you want to be an alcoholic brawler, who lives from drink to drink and is constantly in jail, you can do that too.

I sure as hell am, in the game that is.

The game does not use a Class system as normal RPGs do, but skills are based on your actual use of them. I however, designed my character to be a classhole (A classy asshole)

classhole.jpg

• 2. Administrators

@snako, from nvidia site,

This is the first beta release from the Release 290 family of drivers.You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.

New in R290 Drivers

NVIDIA Ambient Occlusion

Adds NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. See the comparison screenshots on GeForce.com.

Adds NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. See the comparison screenshots on GeForce.com.

NVIDIA PhysX

Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.11.11.07 for the best PhysX experience in Batman: Arkham City.

NVIDIA Surround

Enables NVIDIA Surround support for Intel X79 SLI-certified motherboards.

NVIDIA SLI

Added or updated SLI profiles for Crysis 2, Heroes and Generals, Inversion, Stronghold 3, and Syndicate.

3D Vision

Adds support for 3D Vision over native DisplayPort 1.1 connection - available on BenQ XL2420T and BenQ XL2420TX monitors.

Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – rated Good

Cang Sheng (苍生) – rated Good

Diablo 3 – rated Good

Fei fei (飞飞) – rated Good

Final Combat (大冲锋) – rated Good

L.A. Noire – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 – rated Fair

Qian Nv You Hun Online (倩女幽魂Online) – rated Good

QQ Xi You (QQ西游) – rated Good

Sonic Generations – rated Good

Xian Tu (仙途) – rated Good

Yong Bing Tian Xia Online (拥兵天下 Online) – rated Good

HD Audio

Updates HD Audio driver to version 1.3.9.0.

Some Key Bug Fixes

Fixes random flickering as Windows boot logo is loading or fading away.

Fixes corruption in Crysis 2 with SLI and lower quality shadow settings.

Fixes ability to set Surround resolutions to 5760x1080 using custom resolutions.

Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts when playing Battlefield 3.

Fixes corruption seen in Settlers 7 with 275.33 drivers.

Other Details

Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.

Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL.

Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Am downloading them now, to give it a go, cause i can't be arsed to remap my RoF controls yet again This will be the 4th time, once was my fault. Nice.

I think I am going to wait and see how the new drivers and patch works. Then I won't have to hack stuff too much. I guess I'm not in a hurry because after reading the Bethsesda Dev Blog it looks like there is a lot of great stuff coming very soon for Skyrim.. :thumbsu:

Can I even be an insane psychopathic serial killer?

Certainly you can.

But Snacko, Skyrim is a fantasy game and you should really try and create a character that is some sort of fantasy alter ego.

Duplicating your real life as an insane psychopathic serial killer, is not really what the game is all about. ;)