The Big Fat Aeroplane Video Thread!

BluBear

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some really good/rareish footage of some of Russia's newest (versions of) aircraft, inside and out. Su-25SM3 and the Black Hawk-ish Mi-8 version MTV5 feature most prominently, but also Mi-28, Su-34 and half a dozen of other types.

Comes at the steep cost of having to tolerate the white phosphorus chain smoking narrator and his superlative bullshitting.

Also, man they shoot rockets from far away. I'm gonna try that split-S rocket run from kilometers of altitude in the DCS Su-25.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great vid thanks mate! I do enjoy Hadfield's insights.

One point I noticed, on his pre-flight checks he wheeled the elevator trim to one division up. I've always followed the manual with one division down.
Could this be to compensate for the possible differing CofG / weight of a non-combat Spit?

• 1. DDz Quorum

There's a desync between FFB effects and physical stick position when using input curves - the FFB effects always follow a 1:1 linear path whatever your input curve might be.

Because my custom input curve is so coarse in the Spitfire it really exacerbates this effect.

Good points chaps, but I suppose my question really was why Hadfield diverges from the pilot's notes, leaving DCS out of it for a moment.

I shall have to check other in-cockpit vids to see what other RL pilots do in modern day Spitfire flying.

• 4 weeks later...