The Big Fat Aeroplane Video Thread!

BluBear

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually feel bad now about openly being slightly disappointed at their 3 spit routine this year. This video just highlights how much work goes into formation flying, let alone formation aeros!

Come on chaps, lets put a team together like we said. I'm happy to fly Wing! :-)

Yeh after watching that I don't feel so bad about my skills. I always feel like I'm moving up and down too much. But heck that viedeo looks like it looks in the game and how hard it is. Possibly they were in some unstable air. Cause I've been along in Real life with the AT-6 and it seemed much smoother, but we were not that tight either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That was awsome. The P-51 seems so "easy" to fly. Steady as a rock in the air. Wonder what that lever to the right and under the throttle is used for? What concerens me is he didn´t look for bogies very much.

• 2. Administrators

They certainly are Chris - as far as my opinion of Kermie is concerned though, the problem is not the guy himself, I have no problem with respecting warbird pilots - it's more about buying airworthy aircraft and allowing them to languish - the mossie hasn't flown in 20 years! and the Sunderland last flew in the 90's (details on this are more sketchy). If you're in a position to buy 'em, you could at least use 'em...

Jabo

Almost makes me want to buy the DCS Mustang.....almost. Looked like he was coming in kind of hot on that landing but he obviously knows what he's doing. Must be great to fly one of those, imagine how much more fun it would be to let loose with some 50 cals. Watching that vid though, IL-2 really does a pretty good job of simulating the experience, especially considering its age and limitations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators
Wow, that's cool.  Never heard the "blue note" before.  Anyone who doesn't like jets should take a look at a Hunter, one of the prettiest airplanes around.

Couldn't agree more SkyPup, there's one parked less than a mile from work and my daily commute takes me right past. Lovely.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk