The Big Fat Aeroplane Video Thread!

BluBear

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it did happen 6 months before I was born :)

OMG!  I was twenty when this happened.  In fact I've posted this before.  This was the last landing he made in the FAA, even though I would have thought it a pretty good one.  His remarks to the cameras scuppered his career - even though the british taxpayer had spent around £2 million on his training - he never flew again.

Edit; Oh! I was wrong.  He did go on to have a career in the FAA.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Realistic? You kiddin'?

Whenever and however would any sane pilot in combat with a git on his tail dive a bridge?

And, whatever stoopid git on the tail will follow him?

No way, sorry.

Oh, I get it, you áre kiddin'.... Pearl Harbor 4 the win, hey?

• 3 weeks later...

Politics completely aside, great Syrian Mig-21 video. Brave pilot to fly this rusty battered thing, it looks like an airplane version of the walking dead. I guess it's somewhat of a nice example of its reliability.

• 5 weeks later...

Certainly not mate!

Bob Hoover is one of the greatest pilots that ever lived (still with us age 93).

See his well documented dead-stick energy display in a shrike commander.

The B52 chap, Bud Holland, was an irresponsible showboater that recklessly killed himself and his crew.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Fairchild_Air_Force_Base_B-52_crash

• 2. Administrators

Well I got the initials right anyway. Apologies to Mr Hoover and I believe your summisation of Mr Holland is pretty right. Have you seen the picture of his 'low pass' in Sally B?<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I got the initials right anyway. Apologies to Mr Hoover and I believe your summisation of Mr Holland is pretty right. Have you seen the picture of his 'low pass' in Sally B?<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah now, I believe that is a different pilot altogether by the name of Don Bullock.

He also recklessly crashed a passenger filled A-26 at Biggin Hill, whilst ignoring the pilot's notes and aerobating the thing.

See here: http://napoleon130.tripod.com/id510.html

Nasty stuff :(

• 2. Administrators

Ah now, I believe that is a different pilot altogether by the name of Don Bullock.

He also recklessly crashed a passenger filled A-26 at Biggin Hill, whilst ignoring the pilot's notes and aerobating the thing.

See here: http://napoleon130.tripod.com/id510.html

Nasty stuff :(

You're quite right of course Chris, I appear to be having some sort of brain-fade episode recently. Don Bullock's flying was going to kill him sooner or later as the pictures below attest...This is Sally-B flown without the usual care and delicacy she deserves (in my view).

post-406-0-11398200-1453145537_thumb.jpg post-406-0-99581500-1453145573.jpg

The sad part is that he was to take a number of people with him and destroy a valuable aircraft to boot.

And here's some footage of Don flying Sally-B and the Invader at Duxford (no crash footage in this video)