BluBear

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

I remember the Swiss display team at Fairford with a 4-ship formation and a few years later the Swiss AF Hunter ‘Papyrus’ putting on a beautifully smooth, flowing display at RIAT. Awesome stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

More from our friends in the west. Regarding the narrator, from what I read in the thread, he is welcoming the Norwegian pilots when they are returning back home after the war has ended:

" They are from NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting) and he is welcoming the Norwegian pilots home after WW2. We were ocupied so the pilots hadnt been on Norwegian soil for 5 years. He is saying how they are smiling to him with the Norwegian flag painted on the planes."

I have to admit that I am proud of Norway's efforts during WW2

Norsman:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

I remember the very first time I saw the Tiger, I wasn't even aware such a thing existed before!

TFC's ironworks 4-ship 'cat display was a wonderful thing to behold.

Check out the throttle movement from 2:27-2:55.  I believe this to be an F/A-18E or F.  Goes to show why Navy engines tend to have a bit of wear and tear.  He's attempting to maintain precise placement on glide slope, requiring constant throttle adjustment.