Electric Circuit Problems

Jabo

Well in that case you can try the suggestions I mentioned in my previous post above. Try a second resistor in series and then parallel with the first resistor. Then try a second cap in series and parallel with the first cap. If that does help you can find or buy a couple of small inductors (the kind that looks like the small non-polar caps) to try to filter out the flicker. The inductor will keep the resist the change in current in the circuit but this might also effect the discharge time of the cap a bit though maybe not enough to break functionality. There still might be a problem if you try to use the circuit in a matrix config. You can try it though but if it doesn't work out you will probably only be able to use this method in a direct connection config which will limit your buttons to 12 switches if you can get the rows working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Thanks Mayhem, I tried these with no joy, so went and got a BU0836X and it works a treat! I guess having discrete signal and ground connectors for each switch is the reason. Got three switches wired up now so I can test with multiple 'on' conditions. All looks OK for now though. Your little circuit is spot on!

Jabo

Thank you Sir, nice to be vindicated. Sorry for the inconvenience but if you're happy, I'm ecstatic. You are to be commended for deciphering my chicken scratch of a schematic. Glad to be of service, especially where Dogz are involved. Let me know if any issues arise, which hopefully won't.