Iphones And Icloud?

Fireman

was thinking of upgrading my 3 year old cell phone and going for the new iphone 4s....only problem i can forsee is that it uses someting called icloud instead of itunes...no biggie except that icloud is required to run on vista or windows7 (i am using XP pro and was planning on using it for a while now as it has never given me any real grief).. suggestions? not even sure if my current system wud run a win7 platform (pentium dual-core E5200 @ 2.5GHz with 4 gigs of ram (which system says is actually 3.25)) HDD= 81gigs free on main partition(C:) and 350gigs from on 2nd partition(D:)

• 2. Administrators

Not quite m8, the iPhone (like the iPod and iPad) uses iTunes for storage of media content and this also links into other Windows applications for storage of (for example) your contact list whereas the iCloud is an online storage method whereby your content is held on the net and is accessible from both your phone and other (apple) devices. Given that you have to pay for this storage, I've opted not to bother with it and just use iTunes instead.

You have to use iTunes, the iCloud is optional.

I love the iPhone, I'm now on my third upgrade (3G, 3GS and now the 4S) and I firmly believe it's one of the best smartphones going. I know people say the same things about the Blackberry and Android based smartphones but they haven't posted here yet. :D

I reckon your rig would run Win 7 but you're going to get better performance from XP. MS offer a tool to indicate whether a system is suitable for 7. I don't have it I'm afraid but you'll probably find it in their download center.

iJabo