Our Rof Server Needs To Be Reset

I don't know if there is a way of having our server reset itself after every 2 hours or maybe we should set the missions with one round only for 40 minutes with 4 or 5 missions loaded so the server would always be running with missions during day time and we wouldn't have to worry about it. Right now there is something wrong with the server. When you spawn in, there are some sections of the screen that are night time and some sections are day time. Its really weard.

MT

Hey Roger, there seems to be "updates were applied do you want to reboot?" messages very often. I never mess with that menu, just restart the server. And of course there are several issues with errors from the RoF master server but those are out of our control.

I need to figure out how to edit the missions themselves to make them rotate, there are victory conditions that would do this but we do not have pilots enough using the missions to force this. I am sure the is a trigger someplace in the mission editor that would do a countdown but I have not spent the time searching for it.

Sorry to those that have been inconvenienced by the server issues, I will try to be more diligent in the future.

David

• 1. DDz Quorum

I'm going to look into consolidating the RoF server with one (or both) IL2 servers.

The system is more than capable of supporting them, and I believe it has a 1Gb connection now too.

This will neccessitate rebuilding the server as a 2003 box, in order to use some of the 24Gb RAM that is available (the IL2 servers are running on XP with a 3.5Gb limit).

I can only do this during the weekend and it will result in the IL2 servers being down for a while.

All stats will be retained though :)

Hey Roger, there seems to be "updates were applied do you want to reboot?" messages very often. I never mess with that menu, just restart the server. And of course there are several issues with errors from the RoF master server but those are out of our control.

I need to figure out how to edit the missions themselves to make them rotate, there are victory conditions that would do this but we do not have pilots enough using the missions to force this. I am sure the is a trigger someplace in the mission editor that would do a countdown but I have not spent the time searching for it.

Sorry to those that have been inconvenienced by the server issues, I will try to be more diligent in the future.

David

No worries David, There have to be an easy way to switch missions without having to edit them, I don't know. I'm away until Sunday. When I get back I'll try to look for an answer.

Thank You.

Mario

I'm going to look into consolidating the RoF server with one (or both) IL2 servers.

The system is more than capable of supporting them, and I believe it has a 1Gb connection now too.

This will neccessitate rebuilding the server as a 2003 box, in order to use some of the 24Gb RAM that is available (the IL2 servers are running on XP with a 3.5Gb limit).

I can only do this during the weekend and it will result in the IL2 servers being down for a while.

All stats will be retained though :)

HI Roger,

This would be great. A 1GB Connection would be perfect for RoF.

Thank You.

MT