• 1. DDz Quorum

BlueBear knows, for sure!

One can use Fraps for that, though it needs to be registered (costs some dollers) to have decent results me thinks. Fraps can record what is on a screen into a movie file.

Make a script, so you know what bits of flying you need, and how long they should be.

Basically, you start Fraps, set the size and format and where to record the video, the start Sturmovik, load the track you recorded. (Make sure you have that script nearby, so you know when to switch from internals/externals or next/previous aircraft/target and such!)

Play the track, press Fraps's hotkey for start/stop recording when the bits you need/want are being shown.

Thus you can create several movie files, and then you need a piece of software to edit the part into a true movie, and compress it to MPEG or whatever format you choose, and limit it to what? 15 minutes and 2Gb or something?(Not sure on what YouTube wants)

I use 'Magix Video De Luxe 2008' for video editing, it's not perfect, but it works!

- Tip: If your video editing sofware can handle it, you can try and play the track at half speed, for more accuracy and gain in FPS if needed, and use the video editing software to speed it backup to original.

Good Luck!

PS, me thinks the 'make a script' part is the most difficult one, and if you want to do it good, it's probably the most time consuming.

As, once you have the script, the recording and editing will be much easier! Well, only if indeed it is a good script, and you can stick to it... O0

• 2. Administrators

Well I do have FRAPS.

Are there any free video editor out there that do a good job splicing the clips, compressing, ext.?

virtual dub is free and you can get much better looking vids than using the crappy windows movie maker (despite what it claims, you can't make true 1080p vids, only 720p).

for best results i'd use the x-vid codec.

this was made with fraps and virtual dub, true 1080p.