Roll Call!

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi chaps, will quite happily run through LGB procedure tonight - it's not too complicted, just a few key steps to remember, and if you get those right, it's a doddle.

Indeed, once you master the Litening pod, you can use it for picking targets for everything, including Mavericks, which means you won't have to close to within the potential engagement range of any air defences and can quite happily pop targets from stand off distances - not quite as adrenaline fuelling as a head-to-head with a Tunguska maybe, but your far better for life insurance premiums believe me!

I'm still learning the basics and have a question about Trim and the Target Cursor keys...

The Quick Start manual says that these are the key assignments for both of these:

Trim Up, Dn, Lf, Rt - ; . , /

Target Cursor Up, Dn, Lf, Rt - ; . , /

How does it work that these both have the same keys assigned?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Think that's a typo Snack. Definitely those keys move the designated sensor cursor - i.e. whichever sensor you have selected (in game parlance, Sensor Of Interest or SOI), which includes the Mav seeker, the Targeting pod and/or the cursor on your tactical map display (called TAD) in the left MFD, these keys will move that particular sensor's field of view or the cursor acros the map to select a position.

As for trims, I suspect perhaps the quick manual has a typo and forgotten to put a modifier (shift, Cntrl Alt) as prefix to those contorls but can't be sure; I've changed mine from default to be the keyboard cursor keys. They're defaulted to be used as flight control input, but my opinion is that if you have a joystick, then you don't need the cursor keys to fly the plane!