Roll Call!

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Specifically addressed to Jedi, Bongo and Capt. Jack but extended to any breatheren who like to strap into the Warthog and put depleted uranium on target, I'd like to investigate this beasty some more and get online to boot.

I propose an evening (DZ Time, naturally) where we investigate the online ettiquette (I have no ideas on what the form is, if it's co-op or DF seperate like Il-2 or something more fluid) and also swap any knowledge on how to get to grips with the vast avionics procedures. I for one am comfortable with getting rid of any weapon on the aircraft and making sure it lands somewhere near a bad guy, so will be happy to enlighten anybody whose having trouble with that particular hurdle.

Currently, Sundays or Mondays are the only times I can gaurantee attendence, though this coming Friday (4th Nov) might be an option.

Come one come all, the more the merrier!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ditto Snacko.

However, it can be worth aquainting yourself with as some servers seem only to have that as an option and it gave me heart that Jedi got going in a matter of minutes just now; a lot of it is just practise, tedious though it maybe.

As it goes, I'd much rather be spending my time figuring out the best strategem to take out that Platoon of T-72s without getting my ass blown off by MANPADS, Shilkas or SA-9s, than cursing my poor memory over the startup procedure, so sympathise I do!

Your going to hate me on TS then lol

EDIT: Also, what would you say is the best way to avoid missles? What I tend to do is pull sharp up and release a couple of flares just before impact but that doesnt seem to be doing me a lot of favours.

I have the game, and I agree with Snacko, I would rather blow shit up than spend my time not remembering how to start the engines. Course...I dont know how to blow shit up either...but I will take the possibility of blowing shit up over the guaranteed frustration of trying to start an engine any day ;)

I might join in and kibitz though.

David

I used to love to dodge missiles with the A10a in Lockon FC2. The best way is to let them shoot at you. Taunt them to do it and keep an eye on them. You have got to see the missile and when it is about 1km or a little less from you dive and turn into it so it cannot make the turn. I would try and fly parallel to the target so I could watch it off my 3 or 9 o'clock, then when the missile was launched I would wait for it to get close and then dive and turn into it like I said, and after it misses run away, climb back up and do it again until he is out of missiles. Then kill him.

It takes some practice and you'll die a lot. And you need to know how many missiles he has, etc..

My steam version has just started "updating" which in steam terms means "installing the whole friggin 7GB again" even when I have auto-update turned off. The DCS site is down too do I cant get the patch from there :(

Im free any night pretty much so whenever anyone wants to fly then Ill be more than happy to come.

Doesnt work for me mate, it depends what area of the world you are in for the DNS Servers to re-link. Guess us brits just have to wait :(....download should only take another 3 or 4 hours lol, im sure I can do something till then.

"The server IP has been changed. Please clear DNS cache and try again."

• 1. DDz Quorum

Doesnt work for me mate, it depends what area of the world you are in for the DNS Servers to re-link. Guess us brits just have to wait :(....download should only take another 3 or 4 hours lol, im sure I can do something till then.

"The server IP has been changed. Please clear DNS cache and try again."

ipconfig /flushdns

Or if someone were to give you the IP you can create a host entry in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Format being:

ip address [hostname/domain name]

Must get my DCS updated.. forgot I had it..

That didnt work :( Thanks anyway.

Just reading on the ED forums and even after you have downloaded the whole 7GB A10 again steam says "Game Unavailable, try again later" I have 2 hours left on the download and im not looking forward to seeing that message after a whole day of downloading :@

The only other option is to download the package again from DCS and just use your Steam Key, which would be no problem at all, annoying yes but still not too bad BUT DCS/EG took this week of all weeks to move their servers :@ :( :( :(

So yea, im not too happy TBH. Does anyone know any alternate download sources?