Battlefield 3

CaptJackG

I don't know who is interested in this game but if you haven't seen any videos from this game, watch this video from Amazon site. Just click on the 1st image below the box and go to the 2nd video on the 3rd line. Battlefield 3 Faultline.

http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Limited-Pc/dp/B002I0HJZO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319500303&sr=8-3

I played the beta for a while, the rush mode was fairly boring and a bit too much like call of duty for my taste. However, I have not yet tried the larger multiplayer maps, or the singleplayer but I remain somewhat intrigued.

Played the demo and have to admit it looks pretty awesome. Ran very well on my somewhat modest machine maxed out and was a very intense experience with awesome looking graphics. I think this is going to be really good. Admittedly the beta map was a little stale after a while but its only a beta so I'm feeling pretty good about this one based on what I've seen. Supposed to be coming out tomorrow I believe so we'll soon know.

I'll be getting it for sure. But on PS3. My PC is too decrepit!

I've played it on both and I have to say, while its fun on the PS3 (and I'm not really good with FPSer on the joypad), the entire experience on the PC is much more intense. Not to say that I wouldn't get it for the console if my machine couldn't run it but, the PC is the ideal way to go if you can.

• 2. Administrators

Call of Duty blows these days.

Its just a completely dumbed down shadow of its former versions, ported from a console for 12 year old boys.

for WWII Red Orchestra 2 is the way to go. Battlefield 3 has to be a better option for modern warfare, simply because its not call of pants.

I agree with above statements. CoD is for the ignoramus and the troglodytes who unfortunatly inhabit most of the console market. What was an entertaining few games has turned into absolutely mindless few games. The game design and mechanics are nothing but poor, especially in multiplayer. Granted singleplayer was fine in some of them, but the latest few merely yielded a ahistorical farce akin to asserting the contents of the movie Flyboys to historical fact.

I picked up the pre-order and installed it last night. Looking forward to kicking it around later. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive, so there must be some fun in there, somewhere.

If you want to hook up later (not much opportunity this week) PM me for my origin ID

Read a couple of reviews. The consensus seems to be that single player is just so-so while multiplayer "has to been seen to be believed". One reviewer said the multiplayer was the closest thing to full scale war he'd ever played. Most of use will only be interested in the multiplayer I think so this one sounds like a winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aThCUMhpWfQ

Played a couple hours of MP last night in the Rush and Conquest modes. Got my arse handed to me (as expected), but had a ton of fun running around with Spark while trying to figure out what was going on. It wasn't easy to log off for the night.

To start, I played the single player campaign to familiarize myself with the keys and some of the weapons. The campaign is OK, it plays like a movie with a typical linear progression, but the animation of the characters is immediately noticeable as superior to most anything we've played before. The facial expressions and textures are amazing. I watched the room (office) I was in fall apart due to bullet impact and explosions and sheets and shreds of paper flew into the air. The concrete barrier I was taking cover behind was chipped away until it couldn't provide cover any more.

If you like playing the FPS type of games at all, and enjoy multiplay, this isn't one to miss. The level of graphics, huge amount of animations, destructible environments and multiple game types make it well worth the purchase.