Warthog Returns!

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, after a harddrive inspired hiatus, I never got round to reinstalling A-10C. However, today that changed, and, by jove, what a bit of kit it is! Despite the million odd button combos just to turn on the AirCon (which I still haven't found; or the seat butt massager either for that matter) I finally completed an instant action with all weapons on targets, and all targets smited with liberal doses of high explosive, with even an RTB to boot. Smug and satisfied!

Some screenies for your delectation:

post-410-0-79798100-1319257179_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-11709100-1319257190_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-86341300-1319257208_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-00446100-1319257220_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-28760800-1319257231_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-02004900-1319257252_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-45145300-1319257262_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-12342400-1319257284_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-33560300-1319257303_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-44672000-1319257323_thumb.jpg

Oh, I am jealous!! I really wanted to learn this sim. I was fairly good with the A-10A in Lockon FC2 and made a 20 mission campaign called 'When Hawgs Fly' and other missions. But the only squads I was friends with who flew this was the Warhawks and I think they start their engines manually. I spent hours trying to get my old brain to memorize all of the switches to start the engines and only got half way, and then summer came along...

But winter is coming, so maybe I'll try again if CloD doesnt' get in the way..

Hmm...DCS A10 is a great game, even if it is not really something that I can get into (too many buttons to start the darned engines, lol) but there is one thing it seriously lacks...air combat.

Benchmark Sims recently put out their Mod for Falcon 4.0 and boy have they done a great job, 3D clickable cockpits, new textures and modeling, a whole raft of additional features. I was lucky enough to be part of a group that did beta testing and even though I never did get very good at remembering where the correct buttons where, the F-16 is a joy to fly. Here is a screenshot posted by Simhq in their review of the mod:

and of course the review:

http://www.simhq.com/_air14/air_507a.html

And of course, it is a free download and install (you need to have a copy handy of Falcon 4.0 but there are many work-arounds for that).

Great ground attack and air to air fighter.

Additionally, for those simpit builders there is native support for auxiliary monitors (for MFDs) and for Eyefinity/multi-monitor setups.

post-588-0-76673900-1319368558_thumb.jpg

Ive just bought Flaming Cliffs 2 and am practising in the A-10 a lot. I may buy this if I get really good with the stock A-10 and there are some other DD's to fly with....hell I'd love to fly just the stock A-10 with you guys :D

Must....resist......even more flight sims......must........resist............................

We should actually be really glad there are this many sims in the 'Dead" genre. Let's face it, it would probably be more profitable to make another Call of Duty or something. Although being as this is a niche market I would think the competition wouldn't be as stiff as most flight simmers are going to try to acquire as many good ones as they can. Well, if there anything like me that is.

falcon was my first flight sim....flew online with the freebirds thru various updates to the sim (sp3, sp4, bms, allied force, etc.....) then got tired of the modding community.....which btw is where this sim of our seems to be heading....it seems we r always installing a "new" version.....food for thot

I lost my Falcon 4.0 CD two years ago.. I remember searching for it for an hour several times..

But I found it last night! It was in a paper CD sleave behind another CD. Yea!

Downloaded and installed BMS today to check it out..