Se5A Dd Generic Skin - My First Idea About The Skin

Ya know what? I like it! As a matter of fact...I was thinking of building a 1/3rd scale S.E.5a for R/C use.....I am leaning heavily toward using this paint scheme...I love it!!

Thanks David. I appreciate it!

Looks good MT ... I realize these are generic skins but are you planning to offer some customized SE5a skins? If not perhaps you could provide some templates (and whatever font you're using) and we can throw our own together.

Thanks,

Joe

Hey JoeBob,

The Template is in our vault. Here is the link for those that want to play with it and make their own: http://dangerdogz.co...5a-templaterar/

The Fonts that I have used are mentionned in a readme.txt file that is with the template file.

I will be making personnel ones for sure :)

MT

Thanks MT, I'll take a look at it ... when I can break away for a bit.

Let us know when you plan to submit so we can get out mods in.

Joe

HI JoeBob,

As you probably saw, the call sings version of the skin is already submitted for voting on the RoF web site. I don't know when we are going to submit the Presonnal SE5a skins yet. Since the next patch is probably going to be out soon, there is no real rush to submit them. So..when you have them done, just let me or Mayhem know so we can collect the skins and prepare a pack for submission. As for standradization of the SE5 Skin layout, I don't want to impose one so anything goes. We should however try to keep the roudels at the same place and maybe the white tail end with the checkered tail fin and the emplacement of the DD logos. I'dd like to know what you guys are thinking about that !!

Don't forget to read the included readme file with the template.

Thanks.

MT

Oh I agree completely MT, I think that, especially for the RFC and French birds, we should have a level of standardization or "theme" if you will.I think your suggestions are spot on. I, for example, will probably not use the red and blue markings around the nose but I'll probably add an Irish Harp someplace since I'm of Irish descent.

{This space intentionally left blank for PropNut to make a comment equating "descent" with "shot down"}

I'd like to see a theme applied to the German aircraft as well, it really does add to game to have a flight of similar, but not identical skins. And as I mentioned it makes it easier to identify people in a fight. But the theme would still allow customization to be done.

Joe

+1 yeah I like it too. Besides, it doesn't stop anyone from making any skin they want and submitting it. We could have as many generics as we want just like the military has different uniforms for different occasions.

I completely missed this thread. (I've not been around so much lately) I think these skins are killer, kick ass, and ......er....um......oh, krap i can't think of another expletive that begins with k, but you catch my drift right? I love it, and I'll wear it with pride.

I completely missed this thread. (I've not been around so much lately) I think these skins are killer, kick ass, and ......er....um......oh, krap i can't think of another expletive that begins with k, but you catch my drift right? I love it, and I'll wear it with pride.

Thanks BA :)

MT