Fokker Dr1 Squad Skin Project

HI Guys,

My Dr1 Skin.

I have made this skin using the default aircraft template. I have put a lot of time in this one. So what I'm thinking is using this same skin for all the Dogz that want one.

If you look at the middle white wing, I have written ''For the Fatherland'' in German on it and on the right tail flap, are the words ''Danger Dogz'' written also in German.

The idea is that if you want a skin, I will need the following from you:

1. your own few words that you would like to see written on your middle wing; (the writing on the tail flap will remain the same.

2. Your Squad Number, this will appear on the sides and on the top wing; and

3. a small logo or writing that you would like to add to your plane somewhere to give it character;

The rest will remain the same ( will save time and effort).

Remember, we are in July 1917, the Fokker Dr1 just recently have its first flight, and I bring you this first Dr1 skin. It is brand new so all of its paintings and markings are not weathered, they look new. Only a bit of fuel smoke is staining the engine cowl. So please dont complain if you find the aircraft too clean :)

Let me know what you think Guys.

If you agree, I'm willing to take some orders now. Remember what I need and just send it to me in a PM please. I'm going away for a few days so I will not be able to start on your the skins before Thursday evening.

Here it is Guys:

3far.jpg

Fatherland.jpg

from3close.jpg

left7.jpg

rof2011-10-0217-39-44-48-1.jpg

frontright.jpg

tailDangerdogs.jpg

Hope you like the skin.

Thanks.

MT

Hey MT, you do really good work and we all appreciate it.

But....I think the German planes are someplace that we really could, and should, have a greater lassitude with our individuality.

Historically the Allied planes had the same color schemes with slight differences, just as we have with our skins that you and Mayhem have worked so hard in creating. But the German planes often varied wildly, often reflecting their pilot's personalities.

I think the DR1 especially should be much more personal.

The problem of course is that you and Mayhem are far above our ability as artists (yes, I do believe that it is artwork) and to get so varied a set of skins would require each of us to do the work ourselves or at least compensate those who do so for us, as you have mentioned; it took a lot of time to do this skin and it would take just as long to do many individual schemes. Perhaps we should shelve the DR1 for now, just until more of us have the skills to do ours and perhaps one or two others, thereby spreading the workload around?

The DR1 is iconic to the modern ideal of first world war aircraft that I, personally, would like it to also be iconic to the personal traits of each of our pilots.

I do not mean to denigrate in any way the hard work that you have done, nor your abilities, but in this instance I think we should each have a more unique skin for the German planes.

David

Hey MT, you do really good work and we all appreciate it.

But....I think the German planes are someplace that we really could, and should, have a greater lassitude with our individuality.

Historically the Allied planes had the same color schemes with slight differences, just as we have with our skins that you and Mayhem have worked so hard in creating. But the German planes often varied wildly, often reflecting their pilot's personalities.

I think the DR1 especially should be much more personal.

The problem of course is that you and Mayhem are far above our ability as artists (yes, I do believe that it is artwork) and to get so varied a set of skins would require each of us to do the work ourselves or at least compensate those who do so for us, as you have mentioned; it took a lot of time to do this skin and it would take just as long to do many individual schemes. Perhaps we should shelve the DR1 for now, just until more of us have the skills to do ours and perhaps one or two others, thereby spreading the workload around?

The DR1 is iconic to the modern ideal of first world war aircraft that I, personally, would like it to also be iconic to the personal traits of each of our pilots.

I do not mean to denigrate in any way the hard work that you have done, nor your abilities, but in this instance I think we should each have a more unique skin for the German planes.

David

You got a good point on the individuality of the German Dr1 skins David. Sorry I did'nt think about that. I was only trying to help others. Just to let you know, it took me about 15-16 hours to do this one.

Ok, so every one should and will be different and I'm saving this one for me then. We will never be able to submit a pack of squad skins for the German airplanes then. It would take ages. I guess submission will also be done individually with us helping of course. I'll go ahead and submit mine in a couple of days because I would like to have it in protected mode for the next patch.

Ok, Guys please forget this post all together. I'll kee it there so you can look at my skin.

Thanks.

Mario

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey MadTrooper,

Looking at that skin, I need to make a remark on accuracy: Unless the German language was quite different during WWI, you really do need to change the text, as it should be: "Für das Vaterland.", or mabe a bit shorter/faster: "Fürs Vaterland".

:shaunv2:

b,b,but... screw individuality!... I want a skin like that! :D

But seriously, would switching up the foundation colors be hard to do (I really don't know)? I'd think that would be enough to give each a unique look.

Yet again, MT, that's truly amazing work. Your Spad VIIs are way too cool also.

But seriously, would switching up the foundation colors be hard to do (I really don't know)? I'd think that would be enough to give each a unique look.

And here's another question MT ... I have a Dr1 skin that I did and rather like but I have no idea if it meets the requirements of Neoqb for the skins. If I send that over to you would you be able to EASILY (I don't want to dump any massive amount of work on you) check it for compliance and then submit it with yours? Failing that perhaps we could meet up on TS someday and you could help me figure out what I need to do. Frankly reading through the requirements that Neoqb put out was a little daunting.

I can't match your artistry of course but I like it ...

post-740-0-00133300-1317664715_thumb.jpg

Hey MadTrooper,

Looking at that skin, I need to make a remark on accuracy: Unless the German language was quite different during WWI, you really do need to change the text, as it should be: "Für das Vaterland.", or mabe a bit shorter/faster: "Fürs Vaterland".

:shaunv2:

HI FT,

Thanks for correcting my writing. I really appreciate it. What I had was translated on the internet so I wasn't sure. By the Way is ''Gefahr Hunde'' good for DangerDogs ?

Thank you very much for your help. I will correct the writing on the wings.

Thanks Gustang,

Changing the foundation colors would not take long and if that is what you want I'll do it for you. PM me with your colors preferences Gustang. You might also have some writing that you would want on your wings and what about the stripe colors. Just PM me what you think.

MT

And here's another question MT ... I have a Dr1 skin that I did and rather like but I have no idea if it meets the requirements of Neoqb for the skins. If I send that over to you would you be able to EASILY (I don't want to dump any massive amount of work on you) check it for compliance and then submit it with yours? Failing that perhaps we could meet up on TS someday and you could help me figure out what I need to do. Frankly reading through the requirements that Neoqb put out was a little daunting.

HI Joebob, sorry I was away on a business trip this week and I just got back home. Yes most definately, I can check it out for you. What I will check for are the areas that are shining like a bright star. They dont accept that so it will probably take some contrats and brightness adjustment. If you could host your photoshop document (skin template) on a free hosting web site and send me a link I'll be happy to check it out for you.

Thanks.

Mt

HI Joebob, sorry I was away on a business trip this week and I just got back home. Yes most definately, I can check it out for you. What I will check for are the areas that are shining like a bright star. They dont accept that so it will probably take some contrats and brightness adjustment. If you could host your photoshop document (skin template) on a free hosting web site and send me a link I'll be happy to check it out for you.

Thanks.

Mt

Thanks MT, no problem, believe me if anyone knows about being out of town on business, I do.

Sounds good to me, I'll try to get it up on a file sharing site today and I'll shoot you a PM to let you know it's up.

I presume a zip of the .dds file would be acceptable? Zipped it's about 1.7 Meg. And please don't hesitate to make any recommendations or suggestions, this isn't my very first skin but it's close and improvement is always a good thing.

Is there any standardized rule for the use of and placement of the DD logo? I agree with PropNut that more individuality on the German aircraft is probably a good thing, but as a squadron we probably want some standardization.

Joe

Thanks.

Mt

Thanks MT, no problem, believe me if anyone knows about being out of town on business, I do.

Sounds good to me, I'll try to get it up on a file sharing site today and I'll shoot you a PM to let you know it's up.

I presume a zip of the .dds file would be acceptable? Zipped it's about 1.7 Meg. And please don't hesitate to make any recommendations or suggestions, this isn't my very first skin but it's close and improvement is always a good thing.

Is there any standardized rule for the use of and placement of the DD logo? I agree with PropNut that more individuality on the German aircraft is probably a good thing, but as a squadron we probably want some standardization.

Joe

HI JoeBob,

Actually what I do need is your .Psd file. Its the photosop document. The template of the DR1 that you are working on. There is nothing I can do with .dds file.

Thanks.

HI JoeBob,

Actually what I do need is your .Psd file. Its the photosop document. The template of the DR1 that you are working on. There is nothing I can do with .dds file.

Thanks.

Okay, I've sent a link to my psd file in a PM to you ... big damned thing though.

Thanks for looking at it,

Joe

HI JoeBob,

Thanks.

Okay, I've sent a link to my psd file in a PM to you ... big damned thing though.

Joe

Hey Joebob,

I looked at your skin and once I have flatten the image I have adjusted the brightness to -40 and saved it as a .DDS file then flew it in the mid day sun at 5000M and everything looked good to me. What they are really looking for is if some areas of your aircraft are shining like a bright star and if it does its non good. Your look fine.

Great skin by the way. You did a very good job. So if you want to do some last changes before submission let me know and if not then I can submit it for you but I would need your real name along with your e-mail address (this info is needed in the skin txt file). I would submit it with mine soon.

MT

HI JoeBob,

Thanks.

Joe

Hey Joebob,

I looked at your skin and once I have flatten the image I have adjusted the brightness to -40 and saved it as a .DDS file then flew it in the mid day sun at 5000M and everything looked good to me. What they are really looking for is if some areas of your aircraft are shining like a bright star and if it does its non good. Your look fine.

Great skin by the way. You did a very good job. So if you want to do some last changes before submission let me know and if not then I can submit it for you but I would need your real name along with your e-mail address (this info is needed in the skin txt file). I would submit it with mine soon.

MT

Very good, thanks a bunch MT. I'll PM the name and email.

Joe