Mouse Not Working After Il2 Update

Flyboy583

Hi Guys,

Got a question for the techno buffs...

I got a good friend who just bought the whole IL2 series (not COD) after installation of IL2 + all the expansion packs and the associated updates his mouse now does not work (In IL2 only)

He has had the problem before on his old PC and after unsuccessfully fixing the problem sold IL2. Imagine his frustration after buying everything again (thinking the problem had something to do with his old pc) now stuck with the same issue.

I have checked he is not using the same mouse (got a new one with his new rig) and the mouse software is up to date.

His current PC is a quad core running windows 7 home premium 64

Any ideas??

It may be an old problem that is just a user-glitch. Tell him NOT to move the mouse at all before the game has initialised fully. In other words, not until it reaches the main selection window.

So, all apps such as teamspeak must be functioning before starting the game, and there can be no late mouse-clicks after the game is activated by double-clicking the FB icon (or whatever launch method is used). Ask him to try that.

No he has a Saitek Joystick.. I have not actually seen the problem (He is in Liverpool). From what he said it worked fine and after all the patch updates loaded the game and nothing... Bizarre!!

He is not trying to fly with the mouse is he?

It should work with view, map and IIRC the gunner positions.

I will and report back once he has had a go...

It may be an old problem that is just a user-glitch. Tell him NOT to move the mouse at all before the game has initialised fully. In other words, not until it reaches the main selection window.

So, all apps such as teamspeak must be functioning before starting the game, and there can be no late mouse-clicks after the game is activated by double-clicking the FB icon (or whatever launch method is used). Ask him to try that.

Thanks Jabo!!

Ill pass the message on!! Appreciate the help!

You can also fix it by alt-tanning back to the desktop and then back to the game. It worked for me when I had the mouse-glitch

Jabo

Jabo's point is a good one, which I had forgotten :thumbsu::-[

If for any reason Alt-tabbing doesn't work it is also possible to use the Windows key to minimise the game. This will also raise the Start window. One click on the desktop will close that, and one click on the minimised game icon in the taskbar should restore the game window with the mouse working. I'm mentioning this because not all systems will respond to the alt-tab command. This feature was never built into the game engine.

I used to have that problem as well (sometimes still do) but alt-tabbing fixes it. For some reason the game loads in front but your mouse control is still on the desktop. Very frustrating, I agree.But it is easier for me to see the issue as I can still see the mouse moving on a couple of monitors that I am not using for the game.

Have him check this:

- go to the iL-2 directory

- open conf.ini

- look for the [rts] section

- check if "mouseUse=2"

It should be set to 2 by default. I know that setting it to 1 allows it to move off the main game monitor to another monitor. I'm not sure what other values may do..

Cheers Snaco... Ill pass the message on and report back!

Have him check this:

- go to the iL-2 directory

- open conf.ini

- look for the [rts] section

- check if "mouseUse=2"

It should be set to 2 by default. I know that setting it to 1 allows it to move off the main game monitor to another monitor. I'm not sure what other values may do..