Exciting Spitfire News!

BluBear

This was posted on the Keypublishing Forum from the leading Spitfire historian Peter Arnold today:

Spitfire XII EN224 - An announcementThe owners of Mk XII Spitfire EN224 have asked me to announce the rebuild contract for this historic aircraft has been given to Air Leasing Limited and upon completion will be flown from Bentwaters. The registration is being re-activated today.

I am very excited at the prospect of seeing this early griffon Spitfire up where she belongs!

And I can think of at least one other Dog who will be salivating uncontrollably with this news... :laughing7:

Also, for those who are unaware who Air Leasing are:

http://www.airleasing.co.uk/

Richard Grace wanting a new toy to follow in his late father's footsteps? Excellent.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Edited by BluBear
Air Leasing heads up

• 2. Administrators

The two stage supercharger was introduced on the Griffon 61 - usually indicated by a 5 bladed prop

The version in the MkXII should be either a IIB or VI variant - single stage supercharger - 4 bladed prop

From 'Jane's Fighting Aircraft of WW2' - not Wiki - lol

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Whoot!

And thats my final statement on the matter. :D

As for short block Griffon, indeed, exactly the same difference as between the Merlin in the Mk V vs. the Mk IX, so it is with the Griffons of the XII and XIV - the two stage supercharger and more to the point the necessary intercooler all add to the powerplants length.