Gentlemen, Our Beloved Patriarch Has Passed On....

Rattler

Well that explains a few things.

I worked on the CD stuff til 11:30 pm last night and went to bed approximately, 1:30 am I was awaken, for no apparent reason, and could not quit thinking of Jim and the song in my head.

I ended up getting out of bed, and sitting in the living room staring at a DVD on WW2 aircraft.

I finally fell asleep o the couch well after daylight.

I think he must of done a low pass over the house for me. :bow::bg:

And now I cry for my loss, our loss, and Helen's.

Salute Jim, it was well time spent with you My Friend.

I've added the Final version of the Song and CD label to the vault

My Old Friend

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya know, it was strange today. Roger and I were kind of debating if the forum banner should go up today.. I said wait until the time came, and he was on the fence....

But neither of us actually knew that we were over the fence... BG had passed.. I don't know, but it seems weird to me that today was the day that we had that conversation..

S! Jim

Its strange, but I can't remember when I became a dog. I know the date (06/15/08), but I can not recall the events of the day I joined. This fraternity has such a moving and significant impact upon my life for the better part of three years.

The only thing I can remember is that Jim was the first to welcome me into the dogz.

I guess it says something about Jim. That he made it feel like I had simply come home, rather than join a complete bunch of "strangers". And lets face it, some of us are, well... "Unique" :icon_jokercolor: .

Over the years, one of the most rewarding aspects of the game was to fly on Blairgowrie's wing. To me it was a place of Honor, to be led by a man truly worth following both 'ingame' and in life. (not to mention that if I followed him in to target, he'd be sure to let me know which units were friendly :icon_wink: )

I heard it on TS a short while back, that a man is judged by the type of people he calls friends. As I sit and think on it now, I think It should be different. A man is judged by the type of people that call HIM, friend.

I hope that in the years ahead, I can live up to the example you have shown me, of what a man can be.

I will miss you my friend. :icon_salut:

Until we fly again.... :angel7:

Derek Vosse AKA. Squawk

PS. Toad, Thank you for sharing a beautiful rendition of "My old friend" and the dedication picture. As I sat here writing this it has been placed on a loop, and I have been able to see Jim's face smiling back at me the whole time. (even though I have been crying like a baby :crybaby2: )

An Airman Grace

Lord of thunderhead and sky

Who place in man the will to fly

Who taught his hand speed, skill and grace

To soar beyond man's dwelling place

You shared with him the Eagle's view

The right to soar, as Eagles do

The right to call the clouds his home

And grateful, through your heavens roam

May all assembled here tonight

And all who love the thrill of flight

Recall with twofold gratitude

Your gift of Wings, Your gift of Food.

— Father John MacGillivary, Royal Canadian Air Force

• 1. DDz Quorum

Does anyone have any knowledge of funeral arrangements? (times/dates)

I have had a few email exchanges with Helen today.

I have asked for details so I can organise a floral tribute or if she prefers, a donation.

• 1. DDz Quorum

From what I've gathered from Helen, Jim will be cremated and then at a specified time she will hold a "celebration of Jim's life".

Maybe B16enk will learn more.

~S Jim

You've been missed terribly in just the few weeks I've been back, old buddy. No worries, though. You've managed to made one hell of a crew out of the world's largest collection of goofballs. Something really special exists here, and the love everyone feels for our friend is just the barest hint of how awesome a person you've been over the years. If we've managed to learn even the smallest amount of your patience, good humor, and sincere kindness, we're all better people for it. Thank you, buddy, for making me a better person.