1/32 Fairey Swordfish Mark I

FoolTrottel

• 1. DDz Quorum

Started work on Trumpeters 1/32nd Fairey Swordfish.

86869_0.jpg

Link to the shop I got it from.

Paint conversion chart as the paint I'm using currently could be some twenty years old...

I'm working slowly on it, taking it one step at the time.

Below pictures are from a period over a week...

First Cockpit parts glued together:

post-465-0-33313100-1313609306_thumb.jpg

(The measure thingy shows cm's)

Slapped some paint on it:

post-465-0-55266400-1313609428_thumb.jpg

Some more parts added, basically completing the cockpit.

post-465-0-60543800-1313609529_thumb.jpg

Here's the rear gunner's armament, it's already lost one photo edge part, there was a thingy to help aiming on the barrel...

post-465-0-97871200-1313609493_thumb.jpg

Need some more work on the paint on the outside, then again... this all will be completely inside and invisible, as I'm not going to use the clear plastic fuselage halves that came with the kit. I may cut out a panel or two later, I dunno yet.

post-465-0-08215500-1313609683_thumb.jpg

Haven't really got a clue what's next, will find out next time I open that beautiful box. :icon_study:

Also, dunno yet what to do with the wings, both folded or not, or one folded, one extended.

Paintscheme will be the not be the one shown on the box, but one from the 820 Sqdn, Ark Royal 1941.

O0

So, if you work on it as fast as it goes in real life, you'll be done in 2 years or so? :roflmao:

Looks really good so far, mate! I love the look of separate stages of model work....you could post this on Large Scale Planes .com (LSP forums)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Oh, and I decided I want to make it look like the one that was at Duxford, though I know that was a MkII, I still want it...

What is lacking is the three crew members, I will be needing 1/32 RAF or Navy modern guys... but I cannot find those in any of the online shops I visit.

Anybody got a tip what to get / where to get it? Ty....

Oh, and I decided I want to make it look like the one that was at Duxford, though I know that was a MkII, I still want it...

What is lacking is the three crew members, I will be needing 1/32 RAF or Navy modern guys... but I cannot find those in any of the online shops I visit.

Anybody got a tip what to get / where to get it? Ty....

Hi FT, might be worth PMing Low_Flyer_MkIX on Ubizoo. He seems to know about that sort of thing :icon_study:

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ FT M8,

Looking very nice so far, I can see what you were saying on TS about not liking models to look too "clean". Great detail in the cockpit framework. Brush work only so far then, you old traditionalist LOL

Will you be spraying any varnish on her eventually ?

Cheers, Mick.

• 1 year later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

These guys arrived today:

post-947-0-93124600-1348069318_thumb.jpg

They should enable me to get the L2 / LS326 crewed up with modern airmen....

gallery_540_116_63796.jpg

With a bit of luck and skill... I might have some spare ones to crowd my 110, or the Sturmovik...

Oops... backside of the box looks different... Gibson ran away I guess?

post-947-0-46636900-1348069334_thumb.jpg

Feel a bit silly though... as the Swordfish model cost me 65 Euro's, and the crew... in total... 53,30 Euro's ... Oh well...

FT your model looks great mate nice work - Never really been a modeller myself but I do appreciate the hours and hours of effort that you have to go through to get to the end result. Having seen most of Painless's work at first hand I can quite catagorically state that he is, contra to popular belief, a fairly patient chap. However if ou have to model one of your pilots on him dont forget to make give it a limp and make it smell of wee wee! lol :-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Darn, this aint good... I knew the dashboard had come loose in the fuselage (had them glued together already), and now the Pilot's lost its head! :tongue6:

Good news is twofold: I could crack the fuelage halves open far enough to fix the dash, ánd ... I'm starting to work on the project again!