• 1. DDz Quorum

I have installed the DS on a server of mine, it is a Windows 2003 server based in the UK.

Pings may be better for the US guys than on our main server.

As this is a windows server I can provide a Remote Desktop account for it to be administered, you will be able to start/stop the DS.

Upload and change maps/missions etc.

Currently it is in Dogfight mode awaiting testing of it's performance.

Password is woof.

Wow Rog, that was really nice of you. I have a great ping to the server from the midwest US (Michigan)

Several of us make/host missions for RoF, would it be ok to have those of us who are interested in administering the server have remote access? (in other words I think there are several people who would like to be able to put up missions as we are not always together to have one person always administering it)

Regardless, great job and thanks again!

David

• 1. DDz Quorum

We were talking about this last night Rog,

Would we be able to send you a pack of missions so that on DD nights the "host" can pick what we fly.

Sure.. but this is a Rise of Flight server.

I know there is a need for an MDS server for IL2 too, with Dino's missions..

I have installed the DS on a server of mine, it is a Windows 2003 server based in the UK.

Pings may be better for the US guys than on our main server.

As this is a windows server I can provide a Remote Desktop account for it to be administered, you will be able to start/stop the DS.

Upload and change maps/missions etc.

Currently it is in Dogfight mode awaiting testing of it's performance.

Password is woof.

WOW, Thanks Roger, this is greatly apprciated. We sure are going to test it out and yes, admin rights would be great to have for a few RoFers thats for sure.

Thanks again we can't ask for any better. Our RoF community is getting larger and now with a Dedicated Server, it will bring more people in that's for sure.

I was thinking of adding our squad to the Official RoF Squad list on the Rise of flight website. It would be nice to have RoF added to the DDz intro page for non members to read. When that would be done the plan is to add a link to it on the RoF Squad list.

Thanks.

MT

MT

• 1. DDz Quorum

I was thinking of adding our squad to the Official RoF Squad list on the Rise of flight website. It would be nice to have RoF added to the DDz intro page for non members to read. When that would be done the plan is to add a link to it on the RoF Squad list.

If you guys want to put some text together around it ;)

If you guys want to put some text together around it ;)

Not a problem Roger, it wont be me but I'm sure that we'll find a cultivated volunteer that will come forward to do it. We'll keep you informed.

Thanks.

MT

• 3 weeks later...

HI Guys,

My question is for the RoF servers admins. Is there a way to setup the server so that you don't end up connecting to the server and its a complete darkness for many hours ? This has happen to me connecting to our server at least 4 times. Its just a pain and when that happens well I usually connect to the Les Helloquins or some other multiplayer server out there.

Thanks.

MT

That is a good question....I need to find out how to make the maps rotate after x many hours, etc. I think it is set up to rotate after so many points have been won by any side. I will look at the RoF wiki and see what it says. Sorry about that MT.

David

That is a good question....I need to find out how to make the maps rotate after x many hours, etc. I think it is set up to rotate after so many points have been won by any side. I will look at the RoF wiki and see what it says. Sorry about that MT.

David

HI David, I'm certainly not complaining here, I'm just wondering if we can do something to rectify this problem. :)

Thanks

• 3 years later...

David

HI David, I'm certainly not complaining here, I'm just wondering if we can do something to rectify this problem. smile.gif

Thanks

Could put an mcu at the mission start to a timer set to run in hours till the light fades,have to check in mission builder advancing time to see when it goes dark .Then the timer would trigger an mcu to load the next mission or restrt it.