New "coop" Test

Dino

Hey guys, now it seems we fly more and more using RC4 I have been working on a way to use it to make Coop type missions using the latest features available ( attached to this post ). All you need to do to test it is put the files into your DOGFIGHT folder. Why? Ok normal missions run as coops limit much of what is possible in MDS, but it is possible to get the same parameters in a dogfight as you do with a coop but not the other way round. In the mission I have quickly built as a sample you can fly red or blue, there is AI,you have a task,takeoff and land and only one life. By running it in dogfight it allows placing spawnpoints and bases where you like,allowing players to rearm,refuel and repair but only their original aircraft and of course this simulates a base defender say being able to land and do this as long as the mission is running controlled by the host. It could be the host says that when all attackers in this mission have landed the mission ends or target specific objects or numbers of objects to end the mission as a win or loss. In effect you can make this as exact as you want from percentages to numbers of specicfic objects.. In real life if you were able you would be able to land and do this so I think its a good thing. Of course your enemy can vulch you while you are doing this. Anyway please give this a try and some feedback, would obviously be nice to just test it with a few human pilots and if we can iron out the wrinkles I will make a complete fresh pack of these. "DINO"

RC4 Convoy ground attack.mis

RC4 Convoy ground attack.properties

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Dino,

That's exactly the sort of thing I been working on.

I took the first mission in the Ardennes and trird to convert it to a "co-op".

It uses exactly the same flight times (not too long) and the same idea of limiting lives (good for when someone prangs on take off, the whole thing does not have to be restarted)

One of the issues I had is that as soon as the mission was loaded the ai started their manoeuvres, take off's etc.

all in all though, good idea...

Cheers