Arma Ii Night

Jediteo

We have a fair bunch of members who have Arma II, and I thought I might be fun to see if we could get something going. There is a server for it operated by Roger, which usually runs warfare scenarios, of which we could use.

The server uses the combined ops, that is running Arma II and operation arrowhead together.

I have also created a few scenarios we could run, and with a bit of teamwork it should be quite a bit of fun.

Anyone interested?

I would suggest a time that attempt to fit both the European and North american dogz, but does not interfere too much with our regular programming.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sounds good :)

If you can look into how we can get these on the server Jedi I will quite happily give you access!

There are some young 'uns who may be interested too, should we feel like we need to inflict ourselves.

I don't have that one, but I'm feeling a need to quench my run 'n gun urges, plus I think it might be fun to play one of these things in a coop mode where people actually cooperate (you know what I mean). I proberly won't be able to afford it this week (things are right tight right now), but maybe next week.

By the way how is Arma II? I heard that it had some teething troubles, but that it's come a long way. I really enjoy a good shooter for target recognition practice, and just good old tactical reinforcement (I try to play the way I'd do it in real life )

I don't have that one, but I'm feeling a need to quench my run 'n gun urges, plus I think it might be fun to play one of these things in a coop mode where people actually cooperate (you know what I mean). I proberly won't be able to afford it this week (things are right tight right now), but maybe next week.

By the way how is Arma II? I heard that it had some teething troubles, but that it's come a long way. I really enjoy a good shooter for target recognition practice, and just good old tactical reinforcement (I try to play the way I'd do it in real life )

I like the warfare mod a lot. Instead of just running around shooting each other you have to capture towns, worry about supply lines, build bases, and all that stuff. It actually ends up being a lot more interesting, I think. I used to play it pretty hardcore on a couple servers. A single match might last 6-7 hours or more, depending on how aggressive everyone is, and how good the commanders are.

I haven't played in a while, but when I did... I definately enjoyed being the commander. =)

I would suggest we run it without mods to begin with.

I usually run the Combined ops, which is the running stock ArmA2 and the expansion Operation Arrowhead together. But if everyone does not have that, I'll just run plain Arma2.

@BA,

I think you'd like it, it is a very tactical shooter, and you definatly need to keep your wits about you.

To illustrate it, think of a smallish town situated at the foothills of a wooded ridge. You and 5 other guys are slowly advancing through the treeline, with the rumble of tank-tracks in the background. You spot a small MG nest with a few armed men around it. You and your squad set up you attack and get into position. You quickly look around as the first shots are fired and the gunner of the MG nest if hit in the chest and slumps over. The men around it suddently take cover and try to find the direction of the fire. They spot your muzzleflashes and return inaccurate fire. By now, the entire town knows where you are and you hear the distict sound of a BMP engine start up and soon you hear a few 30mm shells explode nearby. You and your squad takes cover at the edge of the woods in a slight defilade.

You are still under fire, and unable effectivly to return fire as both high calibre autocannon and rifle-fire supresses you. The man next to you readies a M136 rocket and launches it very quickly at the BMP as you consult your map for calling in fire-support. You give a coordinate for the 82mm mortars 2 kilometers south of you and within 10 hectic seconds the first rounds land short of the target, you again report an adjustment to the mortar team ,and shortly the BMP and the infantry around it explodes from the barrage. You manuver through the town and clear it house by house, peeking around corners as you move.

At the edge of the town you suspicions are confirmed, a Shilka is rotating its radar looking for airtargets. Another man in your squad knocks it out with an AT4 (m136), clearing the way for the airsupport. Which is greatly needed as you see a counterattack shaping up as three T72s with infantry support are coming down the road 2 kilometers north. You bring up a laser designator and you announce on comms you are marking targets. An AV8 harrier piloted by another guy on comms drops a laserguided bomb on your mark and it soon impacts the first tank, cooking off its ammo store.

That is essentially what a ArmA session can be like.

OK, OK, stand down soldiers, I'll get Arma II. We will then proceed to kick some ass. (mess with the Dogz die like.............er, I'll think of something). You know, I was just thinking that Danger Dogz really fits in almost any scenario, except maybe the Sims or something like that, but then again we don't allow no pussies in here, so we don't have to worry about that. :sheepsmile:

What version of Arma 2 do we need? I have it installed, but hardly ever play it.

Is there a no CD Crack? I have to stuck that CD in every time.

Also, what mods do we need and where do we get them?

any answers on this? Is all we need is just Arma 2? Nothing else?

Yep snack, all you need is Arma 2 patched, and there are no-cd Cracks around, such as on gamecopyworld and the like. A word of warning though, Arma2 uses a really copy protection system that will let you run the game, but makes it essentially unplayable if cracked.

I bought the steam version, so I don't have the problem.

guys dont buy amra 2 vanilla, combined ops is the way forward as it contains arrowhead as well. so you get both original maps and the arrow head afgan stuff, and the engine has been tweaked so it handles things better than arma 2 vanilla

ps on route to gib...no internet for at least a month

Sent via htc desire

I'd love to get into a bit of Arma ][ with you guys, but I'm not sure what mods to load - I have Combined Ops/Arrowhead, but haven't updated my mods for some time....

Think the plan is to just go plain vanilla right now. If you plan to play online, I'd strongly suggest the warfare mod.

Also plan to check out that 1944 mod mentioned above. That could be pretty cool!

We'll run Vanilla Arma, and if everyone has it with the operation arrowhead. I plan on running a warfare mission, which is all serverside. All you chaps need is vanilla Arma 2, (operation arrowhead would be neat, comes with the combined ops pack) for now.

If we get another dudes online, we could really get some combined arms moves going.

guys, follow me on this, if you are thinking of buying vanilla arma2 .... dont,......get arma combined ops from steam, it has op Arrowhead and the orginal arma 2, you can join vanilla arma 2 servers with this, it makes way more sense i should know, i bought arma 2 for £24.99 then oa for £24.99, so go for arma op arrowhead

Quite right there Sulky, OA is for ArmA what pacific fighters was for Il2. More stuff+ better mechanics= more enjoyable game. Besides, I like the artillery interface that came with OA.

But unless everyone has OA, we'll start with just vanilla Arma2.

"ArmA X Anniversary Edition" out soon (late summer, supposedly). It will include everything from a refurbished Operation Flashpoint (as "ArmA: Cold War Assault"), through the original ArmA, Queens Gambit, ArmA II, OA, and the British Forces and PMC addons for ArmA II.

Link