What Am I,stupid?...wait Don't Answer That

Bucky

OK,

At least i got ts3 to work.But I still can't get trackir,my x52,or the game to work right on my new rig with windows 7.

I need someones ( Jedi's) help..maybe with remote access to my rig??

Anyways,....mayday,..mayday...Bucky's losin' it...lol

B.

Bucky, did you turn UAC off?

Also, don't install IL2 to your C:\Program files folder. Make your own folder on C: and install it there.

And, as Roger suggested, right-click your shortcuts and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program as an Administrator' checkbox.

If all that doesn't work, I can get online and help you remotely as well. I'm just 3 hrs. different from you.

• 2. Administrators

Trackir should appear as an 'unknown device' in Device Manager (Right-Click 'Computer', select 'Manage' then select 'Device Manager' under 'System Tools'). All I did was to install the appropriate version of the TIR software then right-click the 'unknown device' and select 'Update driver'. Win 7 did the rest for me.

Win 7 should detect the X52 OK, but there are no native (built-in) drivers for it, so d/l the appropriate driver from Saitek (make sure you get the 64-bit one if you're on 64-bit Win 7 - same applies to the TIR s/w), install it and then the X52 should pick up OK. The Saitek SST has also been updated for 7, so that works too.

Incidentally, all this works with UAC on.

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Incidentally, all this works with UAC on.

Win 7 does funny stuff with anything that traps key strokes.

TiR centre function, macro keys etc on Joysticks if using proprietary software.

For example, until I did the 'Run as Administrator' fix for Track IR I was unable to use F9 to centre Tir, windows was blocking it as a suspicious act..

With my CH Control software I map buttons to keys, again I found this needed to be run as an administrator!