Flying Legends 2012 Accomodation

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Hi guys, I know it's a bit early, but I've opened negotiations with the Holiday Inn at the Red Lion this morning to find out what kind of deals they're prepared to do for us.

I'm told they will get back to me later today.

Jabo

Hi guys, I know it's a bit early, but I've opened negotiations with the Holiday Inn at the Red Lion this morning to find out what kind of deals they're prepared to do for us.

I'm told they will get back to me later today.

Jabo

Good show there Nick :goodjob:

• 2. Administrators

OK, preliminary price is £121 per room - Single, Double, Twin, whatever - which is already better than this year (obviously not as good as the Cambridge price though). I'll call them tomorrow and see what else they can do.

Jabo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Update from the TFC website (19/08/11)

"We promised to keep you updated on the date of Flying Legends 2012 - this is where we are at present (19/08/11):

The dates for Flying legends 2012 will be announced soonest, further to detailed discussion and agreement with various parties Many thanks for your continued patience"

So that tells us basically diddly.

I'll continue to monitor the situation.

Jabo

• 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators

It's now been more than a month since the last 'weekly' update (their word not mine) - How long does it take to decide that the Olypmics isn't taking place during the time Legends is usually on?

Jabo

• 4 weeks later...

It's now been more than a month since the last 'weekly' update (their word not mine) - How long does it take to decide that the Olypmics isn't taking place during the time Legends is usually on?

Jabo

Now that the dates are known, any update?, and is JP coming or able to get a deal?

• 2. Administrators

Had a most unfulfilling conversation with 'Becky' at the Duxford holiday inn today. They won't do us a group deal due to the airshow being on and they are charging a flat rate of £179 p/n which would be doable for me if sharing a room, but is way expensive otherwise.

Sorry chaps, but I'm out of ideas. JP?

Jabo

P.S. no good contacting the red lion either, all their bookings are being handled through the hotel reservations line.

Jabo,

Here is a list of all the hotels in close proximity to Duxford Museum

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv125273s/k17183667_imperial-war-museum-duxford-hotels.aspx?gclid=CMKb2o3NgawCFcod4Qodh2umRQ&WT.srch=1&ef_id=uAVOcE5cQToAAMBA:20111024151011:s#qsdvxm

Should we try calling a couple of them? Duxford Lodge hotel seems to be crawling distance away ;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

They won't do us a group deal due to the airshow being on and they are charging a flat rate of £179 p/n which would be doable for me if sharing a room, but is way expensive otherwise.

These prices are a rip off and an embarrassment - ashamed to be English when git's like this capitalise on an event :thumbsd: .